C;tD Kiths as Lost?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C;tD Kiths as Lost?

Speaking as someone who actually liked Changeling: the Dreaming quite a bit, but also likes Changeling: the Lost's more comprehensive take on Story (in other words, showing the darker side of fairy tales in a much more effective way than Changeling: the Dreaming does,) I admit, I'd like to be able to work with Lost versions of the C:tD Kiths, since, for instance, the story of someone twisted by their Durance into something that belives that. om some level, he/she is truly *Fae* running smack against, say, the Fetch and the Changeling Courts, would make for an interesting one. But while a Wizened can make an easy Boggan. a lot of the old Kiths don't seem to have natural, easy counterparts. Mind you, I'm not talking home-brewed conversions, created to fill the gap. I mean, how, using only canon rules, could one play the old Kiths of C:tD (or something relatively close?)

Originally posted by tsparkle37 View Post
    (in other words, showing the darker side of fairy tales in a much more effective way than Changeling: the Dreaming does,)
    ...debatable. I'm among the crowd that considers CtD to also be a good way to explore the Bittersweet Truths of fairy tales just as much as CtL, just from a different angle, but going off topic.

But anyways...yeah, sure it's not that hard to take the Dreaming kiths and translating them to Lost. The Seemings give a good baseline to start from: beasts for pooka and selkies, darklings for sluagh, fairest for sidhe, ogres for trolls and redcaps, and wizened as boggans and nockers.

What with the open-ended homebrewing that CtL allows for, shouldn't be too difficult to reskin an existing kith to be one of the Dreaming kiths. For the existing official 2e kiths, you could go with the Chatelaine kith for boggans, gristlegrinder for redcaps, or a hunterheart for a pooka whose animal shape is a predator.

Comment

Dreaming Kiths aren't going to match up with Lost Seemings or Lost Kiths; rather, your best bet is a Lost Seeming + Kith pairing. It's still not going to be a perfect match; but it will fit better than one or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

...debatable. I'm among the crowd that considers CtD to also be a good way to explore the Bittersweet Truths of fairy tales just as much as CtL, just from a different angle, but going off topic.

But anyways...yeah, sure it's not that hard to take the Dreaming kiths and translating them to Lost. The Seemings give a good baseline to start from: beasts for pooka and selkies, darklings for sluagh, fairest for sidhe, ogres for trolls and redcaps, and wizened as boggans and nockers.

What with the open-ended homebrewing that CtL allows for, shouldn't be too difficult to reskin an existing kith to be one of the Dreaming kiths. For the existing official 2e kiths, you could go with the Chatelaine kith for boggans, gristlegrinder for redcaps, or a hunterheart for a pooka whose animal shape is a predator.
        Yeah, I agree, but it's that different angle that makes C:tL more effective as a whole, if only because it becomes less debatable that it is related to the bittersweet truths of fairy tales.. (But then, I admit, I might hold just a little resentment over the 90s and early 2000s "bears with balloons" gripes and once being told that the King Arthur mythos was too light to properly reflect the darkness in C:tD when the relative light of Changeling: the Dreaming was one of the things that made it more appealing to me..) But that's, again, off topic.

I admit that I asked this question because that was one of the biggest disappointments I've had with what I've seen of 2nd Ed. C:tL. Namely, that unlike other White Wolf games, there still seems to be no official way to reskin one Changeling game into another if you want to, even with the "this won't quite match up, but it'll be close" proviso.

Comment

Originally posted by tsparkle37 View Post
          I admit that I asked this question because that was one of the biggest disappointments I've had with what I've seen of 2nd Ed. C:tL. Namely, that unlike other White Wolf games, there still seems to be no official way to reskin one Changeling game into another if you want to, even with the "this won't quite match up, but it'll be close" proviso.
          ...you mean that there's no Changeling Translation Guide?

Comment

As far as I know, no, there isn't. But yes, that's what I meant.

Comment

forumgoer LostLight mentioned that he was working on a concept for Tuatha and Unseelie Fae as something separate from Hedge/Arcadian Fae in his last blog.

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Working...
              X