[2E] Dark Eras - Norse Dwarves

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] Dark Eras - Norse Dwarves

Seeing now God of War ( IV ) from 2018 I really like idea of Norse Dwarven craftsmen in it to use in historical Norse or modern Scandinavia chronicle. I wonder how to recreate them in CtL - using 2E Kickstarter previews ( that are more or less final game, probably ) they would probably be Wizened Seeming, but what else mechanical stuff you can point me to? Probably they would also have Small-Framed Merit, as they are 'as small as children', according to Norse myths.

Some video game inspirations for them:

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Not dwarf specific, but Hellblade felt very Changeling, and was based on Norse myth.
    For dwarves specifically, I would say a bonus to crafts checks with metals (with the obvious exception of cold iron)
    Last edited by Borne; 04-29-2018, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Borne View Post
      Not dwarf specific, but Hellblade felt very Changeling, and was based on Norse myth.
      For dwarves specifically, I would say a bonus to crafts checks with metals (with the obvious exception of cold iron)
      Are hobgoblins also universally vulnerable to Iron? Because it seems like Dwarves might be a race of Hobgoblins instead of a bunch of Changelings all looking the same (TvTropes warning).

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
        Probably they would also have Small-Framed Merit, as they are 'as small as children', according to Norse myths.
        "As small as children" is thought to be a relatively modern development. The Hedge and Arcadia does develop along with myths so in modern days changelings or hobgoblins based on dwarfs would be short, but if you use them in historical Norse settings they'd probably be human-sized instead. Another tip for historical settings: Dwarfs were most likely synonymous with svartalfs, so researching svartalfs might get you more historically accurate information.

Bloodline: The Stygians
        Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
        Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
          Are hobgoblins also universally vulnerable to Iron?
          Fae powers in general don't help with iron, but the specific baneful state of cold iron is particular to the True Fae and the Lost.

Resident Lore-Hound
          Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

Does cold iron legit does Aggy damage to changelings in 2e?

Comment

Originally posted by Malus View Post
              Does cold iron legit does Aggy damage to changelings in 2e?
              Yup, though the nomenclature's shifted such that "cold iron" refers to what 1e called hand-forged iron.

Resident Lore-Hound
              Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

Working...
              X