Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changeling out of Layout into Proofing

Changeling out of Layout into Proofing.

Josh is good. That was faster then I expected. I figure two weeks at proofing and then to press for the PDF file to gather errata.

As always, I caution that things may take longer than that, but damn if I wouldn't be happy if we had the PDF within a month.

Freelancer - Dark Eras 2
    He/His Pronouns
    CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

I would also be a happy chappy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gullinbursti View Post
        I would also be a happy chappy.
        Me too. Here is hoping proofing is quick and painless

Comment

Meghan now has the proof! Looks like it's going along smoothly.

Comment

I'm so goddamn excited to actually hold this book in my hands.

Raksi plays Peek-a-boo for keeps. ~ nalak42

Comment

Originally posted by OfCards View Post
              Meghan now has the proof! Looks like it's going along smoothly.
              I don't really know what that means. Who had the proof before? What will Meghan do with the proof now that she has it.

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
                Who had the proof before? What will Meghan do with the proof now that she has it.
                Either approve it and start selling the first PDF, or disapprove it and correct something before approving it and start selling the first PDF.
                Last edited by Tessie; 05-30-2018, 11:23 AM.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

I don't really know what that means. Who had the proof before? What will Meghan do with the proof now that she has it.
                  The developer of the book being able to look over the tentative final state of it is pretty firmly near the point of finalization in the production schedule.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                  Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
                    The developer of the book being able to look over the tentative final state of it is pretty firmly near the point of finalization in the production schedule.

So this is the last phase before PDF release? Hopefully it will bebe brief.

How long do you think it will be before the physical book comes out?

Comment

How long do you think it will be before the physical book comes out?
                      If it is anything like the Beast Kickstarter, it could be months before the physical book is released. Once the initial PDF gets out then you have to go through a round of further edits because the community will catch them. Then that will be corrected and the final PDF created. After that, it will be pushed to the printer for a test print. Once approved, it will then be fully printed and delivered to backers.

Comment

That is also not counting if there are any other factors nobody anticipates, such as the company who produces the physical books having a fire or something.

Comment

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2202635

Freelancer - Dark Eras 2
                          He/His Pronouns
                          CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

I'm curious about how many things will change un the final version: goblin vows, freehold mechanics, oneiromancy, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Raistlin View Post
                              I'm curious about how many things will change un the final version: goblin vows, freehold mechanics, oneiromancy, etc...
                              Based on the kickstarter goblins vows aren't present, the freehold mechanics generally assume your using the seasonal courts but it's possible to use other courts, and oneiromancy had a pretty decently sized system.

Genius templates (for Demon: the Descent)

Rakshasa: the Kingdom (Featuring the Extinction Chronicle) [WIP]

Comment

Working...
                              X