Walt Disney World

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walt Disney World

Considering Disney is a giant corporation with an insane amount of power and control of mass media and entertainment, based on the use of fairy tales, and that their main park is located near Miamy that was the main setting of first edition Lost, I want to know if you ever used them on your stories.
    From a Chronicle of Darkness perspective, it would make a lot of sense if their administrators were either the Gentry or very powerful Changelings. I think Gentry would make sense, since they are making fairy tales less scary (therefore making people easier to prey) while influencing people into a magical reality that maybe has a direct influence on Arcadia itself.
    Another spin is that the park could be a freehold, it is just plain easy for any changeling to get desire and fear (the ghost themes attractions) there (anger and sorrow would be tricky). And they can probably even walk without their mask and people would just think they are part of the show.

Shut the door, dear. You're letting out the cold.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

Suggestion: i can't get my head off i can't get my head off i cant get my head off i cant get my hed off i can't get my head of
      Suggestion: ignore last card it was my real head i forgot

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
      Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

It would certainly lead credence to those horror stories and creepy pastas about what goes on behind the scenes at Disney World.

Also, the park apparently has secret tunnels all over the place? Sounds an awful lot like trods, to me!

Comment

Yaaaas.

And it could go either way. The park being one big trap by the Gentry to lure in prospective targets, especially in an environment where they would have their guard down that being whisked away to the "True Happiest Place on Earth" would be accepted.

Or where each park is a freehold, and each land is a court.

Sure must be a big deal at Hollywood Studios, what with that Star Wars court coming in...

Comment

So Fairy Land, Star Wars, Transformers, Marvel, Muppets, Pooh could be real places in Arcadia and when the changelings escape they make a simulation of their respective lands/prisons at the park... Sounds cool

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
              Yaaaas.

And it could go either way. The park being one big trap by the Gentry to lure in prospective targets, especially in an environment where they would have their guard down that being whisked away to the "True Happiest Place on Earth" would be accepted.

Or where each park is a freehold, and each land is a court.

Sure must be a big deal at Hollywood Studios, what with that Star Wars court coming in...
              Wouldn't that be two Courts? The Light Side Court and the Dark Side Court?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
              Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by Pluvinarch View Post
                So Fairy Land, Star Wars, Transformers, Marvel, Muppets, Pooh could be real places in Arcadia and when the changelings escape they make a simulation of their respective lands/prisons at the park... Sounds cool
                Pretty much. And some of these properties existed years before they became theme park attractions. Gentry would have been poaching that stuff for their slice of Arcadia for years.

(also as a heads up: Transformers is not in a Disney park. That's Universal's parks)

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post

Wouldn't that be two Courts? The Light Side Court and the Dark Side Court?
                Yeah actually. There have been confirmations that the Galaxy's Edge land, both the Florida and California versions, will be split between First Order and the Resistance.

Two Courts in one land? That would be delightful...

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

Pretty much. And some of these properties existed years before they became theme park attractions. Gentry would have been poaching that stuff for their slice of Arcadia for years.

(also as a heads up: Transformers is not in a Disney park. That's Universal's parks)
                  Disney vs Universal Freehold Feud (unless one wanted cross-over and made Universal a Beasts' Hive)?
                  Last edited by Vent0; 08-17-2018, 03:32 PM.

Comment

...also, when DE2 comes out I hope to use the Wild West Era to cook something up something for Big Thunder Mountain in CofD.

Runaway Mine Train through the Hedge...

Comment

A realm based on Star Wars would have mortals practically lining up at the gates to get in.

An entire galaxy's worth of inhabitable planets filled with thousands of different sentient races AND the chance to unlock magical powers?

Oh, hey, there's an idea: The ones who become 'force sensitive' are the ones who manage to escape!

Comment

So... let's spec out these two great Courts.

The Light-Side Court
                        Ruler title: Jedi Master
                        Court Emotion: Serenity?
                        Bargain:
                        Contracts: Trick of the Mind (Common)

The Dark-Side Court
                        Ruler title: Sith Lord
                        Court Emotion: Hatred (Fear is Autumn, Anger is Summer, that leaves Hatred and Suffering)
                        Bargain:
                        Contracts: Choking on Hatred (Common), Treasonous Thoughts (Common)

Comment

Well if we're doing this there's the whole rest of the parks to consider...(going to leave it at these two for now since it's late where I'm at)

Magic Kingdom Freehold

Main Street USA Court

Ruler title: Mayor
                          Court Emotion: Nostalgic Joy
                          Bargain:
                          Contract: Dapper Hearts

Tomorrowland Court

Ruler title: Timekeeper
                          Court Emotion: Optimism/Hope
                          Bargain:
                          Contract: Rocket to Tomorrow, Unforgettable Encounter
                          Last edited by tasti man LH; 08-19-2018, 11:55 PM.

Comment

For reference, the other Magic Kingdom lands are:

Fantasy Land Court

Ruler Title: Prince or Princess
                            Court Emotion:
                            Bargain:
                            Contracts:

Adventureland Court

Ruler Title:
                            Court Emotion: Excitement?
                            Bargain:
                            Contracts:

Liberty Square Court

Ruler Title: President
                            Court Emotion: Nationalism?
                            Bargain:
                            Contracts:

Frontierland Court

Ruler Title: Sheriff?
                            Court Emotion:
                            Bargain:
                            Contracts:

If I might propose some court dynamics, how about they each share Freehold control democratically, with the pan-Freehold Mouse Court acting as tiebreaker (if needed)?

Comment

And the king who rules it all is a very old Skitterskulk Beast with red trousers who put his fetch in "cryogenic sleep" and is now trying to find a good way to get his public life back as "science revived me". His Keeper, Chernabog, is amused to see him try.

Comment

Working...
                              X