X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pluvinarch
    started a topic Walt Disney World

Walt Disney World

Considering Disney is a giant corporation with an insane amount of power and control of mass media and entertainment, based on the use of fairy tales, and that their main park is located near Miamy that was the main setting of first edition Lost, I want to know if you ever used them on your stories.
    From a Chronicle of Darkness perspective, it would make a lot of sense if their administrators were either the Gentry or very powerful Changelings. I think Gentry would make sense, since they are making fairy tales less scary (therefore making people easier to prey) while influencing people into a magical reality that maybe has a direct influence on Arcadia itself.
    Another spin is that the park could be a freehold, it is just plain easy for any changeling to get desire and fear (the ghost themes attractions) there (anger and sorrow would be tricky). And they can probably even walk without their mask and people would just think they are part of the show.

• Pluvinarch
    replied
    Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

~We'll be FINE!!!~

Bargain time now.

Main Street USA Court Bargain:

The fae must make the changelings feel at home. More specifically, of the home they no longer have. So much so that they wish that they had their old life back. Be it the tune from that ear-worm of a Top 100, the school dance when they shared their first kiss, or that one trip to the beach when you laughed as your older brother wiped out when he tried to surf.
    Technically "Wreck It Ralph 2" will have a feeling like this. Sure, it is a shameless ad in movie format to make kids visit the Disney website. But apart from that it will show the many different themed worlds they have: princesses, stormtroopers, etc, away from their main "home" and interacting with each other.

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    Edit: Wrong thread.

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
    Sure. That's just another 12 Courts to write up, though. :-P
    ~We'll be FINE!!!~

Bargain time now.

Main Street USA Court Bargain:

The fae must make the changelings feel at home. More specifically, of the home they no longer have. So much so that they wish that they had their old life back. Be it the tune from that ear-worm of a Top 100, the school dance when they shared their first kiss, or that one trip to the beach when you laughed as your older brother wiped out when he tried to surf.

Leave a comment:

• Vent0
    replied
    Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

How about both?

Like, the idea behind the World Showcase pavilions is that they're, as one YTer put it, "Nations in 5 Seconds". To do a micro-overview (approved by Disney) of each nation. So I think these Courts being microcosms of the nation's myths and fae could still work...in addition to having the trods lead to the nations they represent.

Sure. That's just another 12 Courts to write up, though. :-P

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    Hmm. Actually, for Epcot, what if instead of Courts for the World Showcase, it was instead a major Trod Nexus (leading to the various places represented)?
    How about both?

Like, the idea behind the World Showcase pavilions is that they're, as one YTer put it, "Nations in 5 Seconds". To do a micro-overview (approved by Disney) of each nation. So I think these Courts being microcosms of the nation's myths and fae could still work...in addition to having the trods lead to the nations they represent.
    Last edited by tasti man LH; 08-25-2018, 02:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Vent0
    replied
    Hmm. Actually, for Epcot, what if instead of Courts for the World Showcase, it was instead a major Trod Nexus (leading to the various places represented)?

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    Now finishing up the rest of the Magic Kingdom courts (minus their Bargains for now)

Liberty Square Court

Ruler Title: President
    Court Emotion: Pride
    Bargain:
    Contracts: Self-Evident Truths, Grim Grinning Ghosts

Frontierland Court

Ruler Title: Sheriff
    Court Emotion: Daring
    Bargain:
    Contracts: Laughin' Place, Big Thunder Charge, Beary Jamboree

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    How would Animal Kingdom and Epcot be organized? Dinosaurs, Asia, Africa, Pandora for AK? Treat the World Showcase as separate Courts, or one opposed to the Future World Court?
    For Animal Kingdom it could be that way...however.

The mission statement of AK has always been to celebrate three categories of animals: the animals of today, the animals of the distant past, and the animals of fiction. So it would be something like:

Animal Court (Africa + Asia) Court

Dinosaur Court

Pandora Court

Beastly Court [Lost Court]

For Epcot...actually I would say it's more like there's two Freeholds in one park.

The pavilions are big enough with a broad enough concept to deserve their own Courts. That Future World and World Showcase own concepts are big enough to accommodate these concepts. So...

Freehold of the Future

Progress (Spaceship Earth?) Court

Communications Court

Energy Court

Motion Court

The Land Court

The Seas Court

Space Court

Imagination Court

Freehold of the World

Court of the USA

Court of Japan

Court of Morocco

Court of France

Court of the UK

Court of Canada

Court of Mexico

Court of Norway

Court of China

Court of Germany

Court of Italy

Leave a comment:

• Vent0
    replied
    How would Animal Kingdom and Epcot be organized? Dinosaurs, Asia, Africa, Pandora for AK? Treat the World Showcase as separate Courts, or one opposed to the Future World Court?

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    If I might propose some court dynamics, how about they each share Freehold control democratically, with the pan-Freehold Mouse Court acting as tiebreaker (if needed)?
    I'd say the Main Street Court could do that. It would work as a, relatively speaking, neutral court.

Originally posted by Pluvinarch View Post
    And the king who rules it all is a very old Skitterskulk Beast with red trousers who put his fetch in "cryogenic sleep" and is now trying to find a good way to get his public life back as "science revived me". His Keeper, Chernabog, is amused to see him try.
    ...technically the wrong park, since old Uncle Walt is "supposed" to be in the Anaheim park.

~Unless if the California park and Florida parks are more literal mirrors of each other then we'd thought~
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's what I can think of for today:

Fantasyland Court

Ruler Title: Prince or Princess
    Court Emotion: Wonder
    Bargain:
    Contracts: Bibibity Boppity Buddies, There Are No Strings on You

Adventureland Court

Ruler Title: Skipper
    Court Emotion: Excitement
    Bargain:
    Contracts: Dead Men Do Tell Tales, Down the Backside of Water

Leave a comment:

• Pluvinarch
    replied
    And the king who rules it all is a very old Skitterskulk Beast with red trousers who put his fetch in "cryogenic sleep" and is now trying to find a good way to get his public life back as "science revived me". His Keeper, Chernabog, is amused to see him try.

Leave a comment:

• Vent0
    replied
    For reference, the other Magic Kingdom lands are:

Fantasy Land Court

Ruler Title: Prince or Princess
    Court Emotion:
    Bargain:
    Contracts:

Adventureland Court

Ruler Title:
    Court Emotion: Excitement?
    Bargain:
    Contracts:

Liberty Square Court

Ruler Title: President
    Court Emotion: Nationalism?
    Bargain:
    Contracts:

Frontierland Court

Ruler Title: Sheriff?
    Court Emotion:
    Bargain:
    Contracts:

If I might propose some court dynamics, how about they each share Freehold control democratically, with the pan-Freehold Mouse Court acting as tiebreaker (if needed)?

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    Well if we're doing this there's the whole rest of the parks to consider...(going to leave it at these two for now since it's late where I'm at)

Magic Kingdom Freehold

Main Street USA Court

Ruler title: Mayor
    Court Emotion: Nostalgic Joy
    Bargain:
    Contract: Dapper Hearts

Tomorrowland Court

Ruler title: Timekeeper
    Court Emotion: Optimism/Hope
    Bargain:
    Contract: Rocket to Tomorrow, Unforgettable Encounter
    Last edited by tasti man LH; 08-19-2018, 11:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Vent0
    replied
    So... let's spec out these two great Courts.

The Light-Side Court
    Ruler title: Jedi Master
    Court Emotion: Serenity?
    Bargain:
    Contracts: Trick of the Mind (Common)

The Dark-Side Court
    Ruler title: Sith Lord
    Court Emotion: Hatred (Fear is Autumn, Anger is Summer, that leaves Hatred and Suffering)
    Bargain:
    Contracts: Choking on Hatred (Common), Treasonous Thoughts (Common)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X