Motley Oath & Fae-Touched

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motley Oath & Fae-Touched

Here is something I am a little unsure about.

Can a Fae-Touched be party to a Motley Oath? Would there be any reason against it?

The topic came up because there is one player in my group who really wants to play a Fae-Touched but wants to be a member of the Motley.

Originally posted by MhicWombat View Post
    Can a Fae-Touched be party to a Motley Oath?
    It's explicitly a requirement for them to be able to have dots in Hollow, so yeah.

Resident Lore-Hound
    Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

Huh. Never saw that reference. Do, must have the *ability* to have a Hollow, not necessarily possess one. I'll find the reference and shoot it to my group.

Comment

Huh. Missed that somehow. So must have the *ability* to have a Hollow, not necessarily possess one. I'll find the reference and shoot it to my group.

Comment

I think Satchel meant that its implied that Fae-touched can be party to the motley oath because being part of a motley is a prerequisite for the Hollow merit and Fae-touched are allowed to buy the Hollow merit.

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
            I think Satchel meant that its implied that Fae-touched can be party to the motley oath because being part of a motley is a prerequisite for the Hollow merit and Fae-touched are allowed to buy the Hollow merit.
            I mean that being part of a motley is a requirement specifically for fae-touched to have dots in the Hollow Merit, which does not normally have that limitation.

Resident Lore-Hound
            Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
              I mean that being part of a motley is a requirement specifically for fae-touched to have dots in the Hollow Merit, which does not normally have that limitation.
              Right. My mistake. My point about their ability to join motleys being sort if buried/implied rather than outright stated still stands

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Yeah, the fae-touched automatically enter into a personal oath when they reunite with their changelings, and though we haven't gone into specifics yet (due to wordcount restrictions), there are ways for fae-touched to be party to other kinds of oaths (although they can't initiate them), including the motley oath. No promises obviously, but I'm hoping to get into it more in Kith & Kin.

For purposes of your game, nothing breaks if you just let the fae-touched be party to the motley oath as normal in the meantime.

Meghan Fitzgerald | Onyx Path freelance writer & developer
                Changeling: The Lost 2e developer

Comment

Very good to know! Thank you, Meghan.

Comment

Working...
                  X