Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entitlements Preview

Discuss! http://theonyxpath.com/entitlements-...ash-and-thorn/

Well, that's a thing and a half. More ready-made ludonarrative space for the courtless continues to be a cool thing about 2e.

Definitely going to be useful for statting out the Grey City Freehold's dark corners, too.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
    Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Hmm, perhaps Eldritch Orders have priviledges and duties involving guiding the roles of groups of Entitlements involved in larger stories with each other

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

I am very on board with these. Great idea.

(he/him/his)

Backer #2010

Comment

Fantastic change that allows for infinite personalization of PCs and NPCs. Congrats to the team!

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
            Well, that's a thing and a half. More ready-made ludonarrative space for the courtless continues to be a cool thing about 2e.

Definitely going to be useful for statting out the Grey City Freehold's dark corners, too.
            Anise Ren reincarnating again?

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
            The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
            Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
            Currently Working On: Memento Mori(GtSE)

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
              Anise Ren reincarnating again?
              Among other things. :P

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
              Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Oh hey, in-setting justification if I wanted to do tokusatsu-heroes (Ultraman, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, etc)-as changelings.

Comment

Well, I'm pumped... And now I'm imagining "legacy heroes" like The Phantom as Changelings who pass on their title.

Comment

Is it a sign of how much of a nerd I am that my instant Entitlement idea is "Grandmaster of Changeling Martial Arts"?

And then "Symbol of Peace"?

Comment

I think it damages certain Eldrich Entitlements, which tended to be more global in Scope, like the Lost Pantheon, Knights if Widows Peak, the Black Apples, Office of the Vizeriers, and so on so the limit on the size of Legion Entitlements should not apply to Eldrich Entitlements.

I also wish we'd gotten an example of the mechanics of both an Entitlement and Eldritch Entitlement so we have something more solid to discuss, we only have the basic concept, which is interesting, but hard to fully grasp.

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
                        I think it damages certain Eldrich Entitlements, which tended to be more global in Scope, like the Lost Pantheon, Knights if Widows Peak, the Black Apples, Office of the Vizeriers, and so on so the limit on the size of Legion Entitlements should not apply to Eldrich Entitlements.

I also wish we'd gotten an example of the mechanics of both an Entitlement and Eldritch Entitlement so we have something more solid to discuss, we only have the basic concept, which is interesting, but hard to fully grasp.
                        I sort of get this idea as it definitely requires a complete change in one's thinking of entitlements, but I don't think its ultimately problematic. It doesn't actually present the limitations as hard and fast, and its really the sort of thing that would be handled on a case by case basis. Lost Pantheon should be consistent with mythmaking tropes, but the Office of Vizerial Counsel is, in 1st ed canon, the legacy of a single changeling. And there are some non-eldritch orders who should probably be on the big side too if they are to remain in canon as an entitlement (legion of the iron wall.)

EDIT: With the idea that non-seasonal courts are all over the place being true in 2e in spirit, if not in practice, some 1e entitlements would probably be better served as courts.
                        Last edited by schizoPOP; 11-27-2018, 09:52 PM.

Comment

I hope there's still some way to represent participation in larger Changeling groups.

Though at the worst, you can always just make them through the Mystery Cults system.

Comment

Originally posted by schizoPOP View Post

I sort of get this idea as it definitely requires a complete change in one's thinking of entitlements, but I don't think its ultimately problematic. It doesn't actually present the limitations as hard and fast, and its really the sort of thing that would be handled on a case by case basis. Lost Pantheon should be consistent with mythmaking tropes, but the Office of Vizerial Counsel is, in 1st ed canon, the legacy of a single changeling. And there are some non-eldritch orders who should probably be on the big side too if they are to remain in canon as an entitlement (legion of the iron wall.)

EDIT: With the idea that non-seasonal courts are all over the place being true in 2e in spirit, if not in practice, some 1e entitlements would probably be better served as courts.
                            Which entitlements would you do as courts?

Comment

Originally posted by HerbertIsBestBert View Post
                              I hope there's still some way to represent participation in larger Changeling groups.

Though at the worst, you can always just make them through the Mystery Cults system.
                              I don't think Mystery Cults have the right mechanics for some entitlement organizations.

Perhaps if the 5th dot created an thematic Entitlement that fit the broader themes of the Mystery Cult, so the Mystery cult is the organization that ties all the different titles that fit it's theme together. Example the Lost Pantheon Mystery Cult, dots •-•••• give various benefits, but the ••••• dot grants an entitlement unique to the Character's role within the Pantheon, like one might be God of Thunder, another God of Lust, another Goddess of Dolphins, and another the Goddess of Screams.
                              Last edited by Omegaphallic; 11-28-2018, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X