Cupid's Arrow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cupid's Arrow

Is Cupid's Arrow able to change someone's sexual orientation or at the very least make them lust after someone of the same sex?

Attraction to a specific person does not an orientation make. But yes, you should be able to make someone lust after someone who falls outside their sexual orientation. Just remember that the target of Cupid's Arrow is under no obligation to actually act on those feelings, and in the case of romantic or sexual attraction would likely hesitate due to the confusion and possible guilt stemming from such a rapid change in feelings.

Bloodline: The Stygians
    Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
    Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Yes, it should work as it says on the tin. However, I personally would rule that a use of Cupid's Arrow for this purpose would definitely trigger an attack on Clarity.

Comment

Firefly Night I think you're thinking Integrity not Clarity.

Comment

Originally posted by princeofcincinnati View Post
          Nope, the Changeling using it this way is definitely acting in the same way as the True Fae and is totally gonna have to handle the Clarity damage. for that.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
          The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
          Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

It would also be bad for the victim's Integrity, if they happen to have Integrity.

Bloodline: The Stygians
            Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
            Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by princeofcincinnati View Post

Nah. I am thinking about Clarity. By forcing someone to act against their nature by altering the essence of their desires, you are negating someone's reality and replacing it with your own. Fairies act this way as a general rule, as their perspective is the only one that matters in Arcadia.

I mean, as Tessie above pointed out, the victim's Integrity may be challenged but really, this is literally in the textbook as a Clarity attack at 5 dice (the highest base attack you can get). Check out page 106.

"Using Glamour to force someone to change their behavior"

Comment

Working...
              X