[2nd edition] Help with kith

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2nd edition] Help with kith

I received my hardbook copy of Changelling 2nd Edition and I really love it, but I find too few options for kiths, and the ones that appears in the book doesn't fit to adapt a 1st edition character I posted here in the forum. I was relieved when I found that there is a section to create your own kiths, with GM approval. The fact is that I am the GM, I am dessigning the characters for a one shot and I want one of them to be her.

So I am thinking to create a kith named "Knight" to adapt the character (in 1st edition, she was a Razorhand / Metalflesh multikith). The idea behind the PC is the character Saber from the anime Fate Zero (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smDPvlHmnDE)

I am playing with these ideas:

- Skill (exceptional success with 3 successes instead of 5 when...): using the sword specialitation of the weaponry skill.
    - Power: spend 1 glamour to invoke sword & armor (not sure about the values they must have to be balanced... razorhand was weapon damage = Wyrd/2, metalflesh was armor 4/4)

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!
    Last edited by dourden; 01-16-2019, 10:36 AM.

General advice I heard was to keep the Skill and the power from empowering each other. Plus, exceptional successes don't mean much besides tilts for combat. Also, even the most straightforward Changeling works with people's emotions. I would lean into the role of the knight as exemplar and war leader. Here's what I would try.

Skill: When using Persuasion (Expression?) to direct a crowd or mob to a desired action through public oratory, achieve exceptional success on three successes

(I wanted to say using Presence, but it isn't a Skill)

Power: When wearing archaic knightly armor (chainmail or plate, whether metal or any variety of hedgespun material) and wielding a melee weapon, spend one Glamour to ignore all initiative penalties from both weapon and armor and gain a ballistic armor rating of Wyrd/2, rounded down, but with a minimum of 1 and a maximum of the armor's natural general armor until the end of the scene
    Last edited by Master Aquatosic; 01-17-2019, 10:22 AM.

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Just realized that the Power is supposed to require conscious effort, meaning an Instant Action and (usually) an Attribute + Skill roll. Can't think of a good roll though.

Maybe Stamina + Weaponry?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Re: Knight Kith

Try these -

Champion
        Champions are those changelings made to play the part of hero, monster hunter and foe slayer. Some Gentry create Champions to lead their armies, others to provide an amusing opponent or to serve a starring role in their grandiose dramas. Champions that escape Arcadia are often weary of conflict, having spent seeming lifetimes fighting every manner of horror their Keepers could devise, while others almost immediately try to assume positions of authority and power.
        Champions tend to be tall, strong and well formed, and carry distinctive scars, tattoos and marking as reminders of the many perils they have faced and foes they have vanquished.
        Kith Blessing: Choose either Occult or Survival. When the Champion uses the chosen Skill to discern, research or exploit a bane, weakness, or vulnerability of a supernatural opponent, achieving three successes counts as an exceptional success.
        Champion’s Resolve: By spending a point of Glamour and making a (Stamina+Survival) or (Resolve+Occult) roll, the Champion gains 1/1 armor and does not need to roll Stamina to remain conscious when her rightmost health box is filled with bashing. This blessing lasts until the end of the Scene, after which the changeling checks for unconsciousness as normal. While this blessing is in effect, if the Champion suffers a Condition or Tilt related to despair or fear, he may spend 1 Glamour as a reflexive action, ending the Condition or Tilt immediately.

Hardskin
        Changelings who were remade in Arcadia’s foundries and quarries, the Hardskin are infused with metal, stone, or gnarled wood. They are obdurate of mind and body, resistant to any attempts to casually manipulate them. Some Gentry use Hardskin as guards, others as laborers or living art, but all of them seek out individuals who are mentally and physical tough. Their Keepers then make Hardskin far tougher. The same durability that allows Hardskin to survive their transformation often helps them escape from Arcadia.
        Kith Blessing: Choose either Athletics or Survival. When the Hardened uses the chosen Skill for feats of endurance or resilience; achieving three successes counts as an exceptional success.
        Unbreakable: The flesh of the Hardskin has been transmuted into a durable material, such as metal or stone. The changeling may spend a point of Glamour and make a Stamina+Wyrd roll. If successful, the Hardskin gains armor 2/2 until the end of the Scene. Once per Chapter while this blessing is in effect, if the Hardskin suffers a physical Tilt he may spend 1 Glamour as a reflexive action, ending the Tilt immediately.

Knight
        Knights are Changelings made to serve as sentinels and elite warriors that stand watch over their holdings and at the vanguard their armies. Gifted with martial prowess and a talent for command, Knights are often loyalists, having pledged their blades to the True Fae freely. Those who escape service frequently become stalwart warriors in service of a Court; even the most despicable Knight feels empty without a worthy cause. Knights are strongly marked by their Keepers, wearing the signs and heraldry of their masters, even long after their durance has ended.
        Kith Blessing: Choose either Persuasion or Intimidate. When the Knight uses the chosen Skill to direct an assembly (be it an army, crowd, military unit or mob) to a desired course of action, achieving three successes counts as an exceptional success.
        Tabard and Sword: By spending a point of Glamour and making a Resolve+Weaponry roll, the Knight conjures a weapon and suit of armor forged by the power of the Wyrd. The equipment summoned by this ability lasts until the end of the Scene. The armor has the statistics of Chainmail and the weapon has the statistics of a Rapier, Machete, Fire Axe or Spear; once this weapon is selected it cannot be changed. In addition, The changeling has a number of dots in Hedgespun Item equal to their Wyrd (to a maximum of 5 dots) that may be split between armor and weapon. Like most item of fae craft, the armor is ineffective and the weapon deals half as much damage against arms and armor forged of iron.

Razorhand
        Killers and slayers, Razorhands were made to serve as living weapons, spilling blood and severing limbs at the whim of their Keepers. Upon escaping, some Razorhands are so traumatized by the violence they performed that they vow to never again harm a living soul. Others continue their work, becoming deadly enforcers and feared assassins.
        Razorhands look the part of creatures remade to kill, with sharp blades, claws, or other tools of violence incorporated into their flesh or always near at hand.

Kith Blessing: When the Razorhand uses Brawl during Down& Dirty Combat with intent to kill, achieving three successes counts as an exceptional success.
        Ripper: The Razorhand is true to her name, and may spend a point of Glamour to deal lethal damage with her unarmed attacks until the end of the scene. While this blessing is in effect, once per scene, the Razorhand may spend a point of Glamour to apply the Bleeding Tilt when she damages an opponent with her unarmed attack.
        Last edited by Reighnhell; 01-16-2019, 09:52 PM.

Curios, Relics, and Tomes - A collection of Relics (Cursed and Otherwise)
        The Horror Lab - A collection of Beasts, Monsters and less definable things.
        Strange Places - A collection of Dark, Mysterious, and Wondrous Locations
        Twilight Menagerie - A collection of Ephemeral Entities

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
          General advice I heard was to keep the Skill and the power from empowering each other. Plus, exceptional successes don't mean much besides tilts for Also, even the most straightforward Changeling works with people's emotions. I would lean into the role of the knight as exemplar and war leader. Here's what I would try.

Skill: When using Persuasion (Expression?) to direct a crowd or mob to a desired action through public oratory, achieve exceptional success on three successes

(I wanted to say using Presence, but it isn't a Skill)

Power: When wearing archaic knightly armor (chainmail or plate, whether metal or any variety of hedgespun material) and wielding a melee weapon, spend one Glamour to ignore all initiative penalties from both weapon and armor and gain a ballistic armor rating of Wyrd/2, rounded down, but with a minimum of 1 and a maximum of the armor's natural general armor until the end of the scene
          I like the skill sugestion. After all, she was a leader.

Comment

Originally posted by Reighnhell View Post
            Re: Knight Kith

Try these -

[...]
            Wow!! That helps a lot. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X