Kith Distributions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kith Distributions

So my favorite things about Changeling is just how darn flexible character creation is. Kiths allow you to play pretty much any monster you want, albeit in a humanoid form. The only gameline that matches its flexibility so far is Beast. So my statistically minded brain came up with a little game for us.

Kith Distributions

I have flagrantly ripped off the Pantheon Distribution chart over in the Scion forums to create a spreadsheet of my own for Kiths. The basic premise is that I will load in as many monsters as I can think of and tick off all the Kiths that could be used to represent them. Hopefully, this will give folx some ideas for characters they'd like to create and generate some discussion about how to use Kiths!

Because the conditional formatting I used took a while to figure out, I've kept this spreadsheet as view only, but if there is a monster you'd like me to add or kith to check off, post away and let me know. I only started this last night, so there is tons of ground to be covered still!

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

This seems like a really neat idea. If it wouldn't be horribly unwieldy to chart, it would also be cool to see how different monsters can be represented through the intersection of Seeming and Kith.

I think a unicorn could be represented with the Playmate Kith.

Comment

Originally posted by espritdecalmar View Post
      This seems like a really neat idea. If it wouldn't be horribly unwieldy to chart, it would also be cool to see how different monsters can be represented through the intersection of Seeming and Kith.

I think a unicorn could be represented with the Playmate Kith.
      Ooo, that's a good idea. A Unicorn would probably also make a good Bright One. I'll add it in!

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

An interesting idea. Do you intend to log the whole world's catalog of supernatural creatures, or just what people offer up?

Comment

Originally posted by Spinnerling View Post
          An interesting idea. Do you intend to log the whole world's catalog of supernatural creatures, or just what people offer up?
          Thanks!

Inshallah everything, time permitting. That will take quite a while though, so I'll pick away at it and add people's suggestions as I go.

Comment

Working...
          X