Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying to design a 2ed token

Hello there forum-goers,

My knightly, beast seeming "gallant" can turn into a hippogriff and a hippokampus, sadly my motley is kind of short on competent riders or waterbreathers, so next visit to the goblin market I want Gallant to get a saddle for himself.

the basic properties should be
    - once set in the saddle a rider cannot fall from it no matter how rough the ride or strong the winds and currents
    - the rider is protected by any protections that effect the mount, if the mount is fireproof so is the rider, if the mount activates a contract that effects anyone other then himself in range (primal glory for example) the rider will share his immunity
    - as a drawback the mount cannot revoke this protection, no matter how much he bucks and struggles the rider is safe from his ire
    - the saddle changes with the mount fitting both his and his riders forms

what dot rating will you assign this token?

If you take out the shape-changing, I could see 3 dots. Given how both your forms are vaguely horse-shaped/sized it sounds like, I think its superfluous

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

he has four shapes, a least weasel, two horse sized ones and his normal humanoid one, I want him to wear the saddle as a harness most of the time

Comment

If it's shapechanging both horse and rider that drastically along with basically letting them auto-suceed on rolls for an athletics specialty they don't have, i think it's above five dots and thus in the realm of storyteller fiat

Basically, whatever you need to trade for this thing, getting that trade item and the consequences of that quest should be worthy of entire story arcs

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

thanks for the answers, I never meant for the rider to change size as well, though that is indeed a very powerful effect, I'll pitch a weaker version to my storyteller and suggest at least a three four dot rating.

Comment

Working...
          X