Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changeling chronicle involving the God-Machine

Hello everyone.

I'm looking for inspirations, ideas, suggestions, tips, warnings, and what not, for a crazy chronicle idea I had.

After reading a throw-away line in the core Chronicles of Darkness book about the God-Machine potentially being present in places like the Underworld and the Hedge, and after replaying American McGee's Alice: Madness Returns, I had some inspiration for a Changeling chronicle idea set in the early 19th century Victorian London, with the industrial revolution up and coming, turning the world into a colder, darker place for the changelings.

But London is not the only place where factories are replacing churches and turning the once beautiful river Thames into a filthy brown sludge filled with steamships pumping smoke into the smog-filled air. The God-Machine has found its way into the Hedge, and has started to turn the fantastical, magical, eerie yet beautiful, chaotic but playful, green meadows into harsh, industrious, dark, rigid, cold and ugly, brown Infrastructure, ripping all the fantastical plants, objects and creatures from the Hedge and turning them into strange clockwork automatons made of iron, the bane of all changelings.

The changelings don't know how to react to it. Some are curious and intrigued. Most are scared. Some believe this is the work of the Gentry. Others know better than that. But what is causing this? What is the God-Machine, and how did it find its way into the Hedge? Above all else: why is it doing this? Its up to you to find out.

So, good idea or terrible? Any supporting ideas? Things I need to keep in mind if I want to do this right? Any ideas of your own to add? Let me know!

The upcoming contagion chronicles could be of use too you.

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
      The upcoming contagion chronicles could be of use too you.

Perhaps. I certainly planned on giving that book a read when it's released. But I don't plan on doing anything cross-splat though. All the players will be changelings, doing changelings things, dealing with changeling issues. But gradually, over the course of the game, they will discover that parts of the Hedge is being changed by an outside force, and they will be encouraged to investigate. I as the Storyteller know this outside force is the God-Machine, but the changelings will not know that, and they might never know. Certainly they won't know it by name. To them it's probably just an extension of the industrial revolution, or they might believe that the Lord of Iron is enacting his revenge on the fae, or perhaps they might believe that some kind of "Clockwork Demon" is taking over the Hedge.

Comment

Originally posted by Ventrue Life View Post
        Hello everyone.

I'm looking for inspirations, ideas, suggestions, tips, warnings, and what not, for a crazy chronicle idea I had.

After reading a throw-away line in the core Chronicles of Darkness book about the God-Machine potentially being present in places like the Underworld and the Hedge, and after replaying American McGee's Alice: Madness Returns, I had some inspiration for a Changeling chronicle idea set in the early 19th century Victorian London, with the industrial revolution up and coming, turning the world into a colder, darker place for the changelings.

But London is not the only place where factories are replacing churches and turning the once beautiful river Thames into a filthy brown sludge filled with steamships pumping smoke into the smog-filled air. The God-Machine has found its way into the Hedge, and has started to turn the fantastical, magical, eerie yet beautiful, chaotic but playful, green meadows into harsh, industrious, dark, rigid, cold and ugly, brown Infrastructure, ripping all the fantastical plants, objects and creatures from the Hedge and turning them into strange clockwork automatons made of iron, the bane of all changelings.

The changelings don't know how to react to it. Some are curious and intrigued. Most are scared. Some believe this is the work of the Gentry. Others know better than that. But what is causing this? What is the God-Machine, and how did it find its way into the Hedge? Above all else: why is it doing this? Its up to you to find out.

So, good idea or terrible? Any supporting ideas? Things I need to keep in mind if I want to do this right? Any ideas of your own to add? Let me know!
        What a wonderfully horrible premise you have there, Ventrue. I would be horrified if I saw someone destroying all of those Goblin Fruits, Tokens, and Hollows in the Hedge. This also solidifies my position that the "God"-Machine is nothing more than an aberrant Caretaker mechanism installed by an impossibly technologically advanced post-scarcity society. A World of Light if you will.

Comment

Working...
        X