Fetches and Relics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fetches and Relics

I haven't kept up with the development of Changeling 2nd Ed. unfortunately, so I am going to assume that True Fae or whoever steals a person away for said True Fae is still going to make Fetches about the same way: a bit of soul/shadow and various pieces of detritus/whatever. Now for my idea, what would happen if a fetch is made with some mundane materials and a Relic(s) like what the AKD covet and use. Would said fetch be aware of the piece of empowered reality within themselves or even be able use it like a Dread Power? I wouldn't know, but interesting food for thought. What do you various souls think, eh?

This is really interesting.
    I'd say a relic as fetch stuff would be brilliant, but I think any of my fetches with such a feature would be unaware of the relic inside of them. They'd just think any power that the relic gives them is normal for someone like them, if they even know what they are. I'd actually consider keeping that idea for a PC fetch rather than "wasting it" on an NPC. That is unless that NPC is very important to the group or the story.
    Either way, I'd let that fetch be able to lose the relic and use that event as a big plot point for that character - and set it on a major quest to get the relic back from whoever stole it.

OOH LET IT BE ITS NOSE

Comment

Originally posted by Spinnerling View Post
      Either way, I'd let that fetch be able to lose the relic and use that event as a big plot point for that character - and set it on a major quest to get the relic back from whoever stole it.

OOH LET IT BE ITS NOSE
      A heart. A brain. Its courage.

--Khanwulf

Comment

"Got your nose! Got your nose! Come and geddit!"

Comment

Working...
        X