Oak, Ash, and Thorn & Kith and Kin books speculation Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oak, Ash, and Thorn & Kith and Kin books speculation Thread

So how big do you think this book with be? The JumpStart was like 62 pages and it had a fraction of the strech goals that Kith and Kin and the CTL companion got. I think each will be between 200 and 350 pages long.

I am supecting that we will get 50-100 kiths in Kith and Kin and maybe some kith related contracts and merits. And I think we will get some minor template/s that relate to Kiths (making them the Kin). Maybe the children of changelings, or a merit or something that grants this minor template to friendly humans. But different from Fae Touched.

for oak, ash, and thorn I'm hoping for more info on tokens and arcadian realms (by extension true fae)

for kith and kin, always looking forward to more kiths and hope that kin is referring to companions like friendly hobgoblins (for a definition of friendly)

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
      I think each will be between 200 and 350 pages long.
      I highly doubt that they're going to release a supplement that's as long as the corebook.

Comment

As hints go, I had 5000 words for a chapter of Memento Mori.

No, definitely not 350 pages.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
        Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

Just to keep in mind, with layout and artwork, 12 Kiths in the core book take up 9 pages (with really room for at least one more, but we'll leave it here for easy numbers).

100 Kiths would take up 75 page if the length, layout, and art is kept the same.

So a 180 page supplement could have 100 Kith write-ups and still have a lot of space for more Merits, Contracts, essays, and whatever else is going in the book.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
            As hints go, I had 5000 words for a chapter of Memento Mori.

No, definitely not 350 pages.
            That about 5 pages, maybe 6-7 when you add in art.

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
              I highly doubt that they're going to release a supplement that's as long as the corebook.
              I know that is a long shot.

Comment

Aren't most supplements (excluding the Dark Eras books) around 150 pages nowadays? I think even 200 pages is a bit too optimistic.

Edit: 100-160 pages for most 2e/revised Storytelling System supplements.
                Last edited by Tessie; 04-11-2019, 07:56 AM.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
                  Aren't most supplements (excluding the Dark Eras books) around 150 pages nowadays? I think even 200 pages is a bit too optimistic.

Edit: 100-160 pages for most 2e/revised Storytelling System supplements.
                  Then it will likely lean towards 160 in my opinion as the stretch goals for each of these books generated almost as much as the amount to fund the core book.

Comment

Working...
                  X