Upcoming Changeling the Lost Interview with Developer Meghan Fitzgerald

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
    will these questions posted here have to be reposted into the interview questions? (first time doing this)

No, it's an audio interview. I'll collect the questions, talk to Meghan, and post a link to the interview on this thread. If you want to check out any of our past interviews, you can check out our past interviews and other episodes here: http://thestorytold.libsyn.com/

Check out my RPG podcast: The Story Told
    Follow my ongoing Exalted Campaign: The Fall of Jiara
    Check out my Community Content: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse....hazz%20Kellner

Comment

Originally posted by ElfSpeaker View Post

No, it's an audio interview. I'll collect the questions, talk to Meghan, and post a link to the interview on this thread. If you want to check out any of our past interviews, you can check out our past interviews and other episodes here: http://thestorytold.libsyn.com/
      thank you very much kind sir

Comment

This is a bit of an odd question, but are there any plans for introducing another Seeming to second edition?

I appreciate that we technically have Grimms from Dark Eras, but they don’t quite fit second edition as is, and I have seen that no (open) plans to bring them up to code as it were. I mostly ask due to supplements adding new options of that kind in other gamelines, such as Demon (Analysts) and Beast (Inguma and Talassii) and curiosity springs eternal. Granted, Changeling is quite broad in its options for Seemings and Kiths to begin with, even compared to other gamelines, so I wouldn’t be surprised if this was a “No”.

Edit: Another question. Are there True Fae who are “good” - that is, ones whose actions and domains are such that their Changelings genuinely don’t want to leave, and thus why nobody hears of them?
        Last edited by Taidragon; 05-02-2019, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ElfSpeaker View Post

Yes I will.
          Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Taidragon View Post
            This is a bit of an odd question, but are there any plans for introducing another Seeming to second edition?

I appreciate that we technically have Grimms from Dark Eras, but they don’t quite fit second edition as is, and I have seen that no (open) plans to bring them up to code as it were. I mostly ask due to supplements adding new options of that kind in other gamelines, such as Demon (Analysts) and Beast (Inguma and Talassii) and curiosity springs eternal. Granted, Changeling is quite broad in its options for Seemings and Kiths to begin with, even compared to other gamelines, so I wouldn’t be surprised if this was a “No”.

Edit: Another question. Are there True Fae who are “good” - that is, ones whose actions and domains are such that their Changelings genuinely don’t want to leave, and thus why nobody hears of them?
            I think I heard somewhere that nice True Fae is likely a sign of contagion, but I don't remember where.

Comment

I mean, if you're a "Good True Fae" you probably don't go around taking people in the first place? And If they don't really have emissaries, then why would you hear about them?

The Lost Style Guide does clarify that there's a difference between Strangers and those who are Keepers based on the practice, so who knows? But real or not, it's not really the purview of Lost to explore things that don't really interact with their reality, so such entities are moot.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
              The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
              Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

Thank you all for your input. I'm going to close the interview to new questions at this point since I'll be talking to Meghan in a couple of hours. The interview itself will be aired either June 3 or June 17 depending on the editing time. I'll post it here when it's available.

Check out my Community Content: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse....hazz%20Kellner

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                  I mean, if you're a "Good True Fae" you probably don't go around taking people in the first place? And If they don't really have emissaries, then why would you hear about them?

The Lost Style Guide does clarify that there's a difference between Strangers and those who are Keepers based on the practice, so who knows? But real or not, it's not really the purview of Lost to explore things that don't really interact with their reality, so such entities are moot.
                  Perhaps, but I am part of a Discord server where at least two people have stated my question word for word - that there are good ones, you just don’t hear about them. While I don’t believe there are, or at least they are too alien to fit our definition of nice/good, I wanted to make sure that I wasn’t perpetuating another myth like Changelings all becoming Gentry at Wyrd 10 Clarity 0, or Changeling Arcadia being the same as Mage Arcadia.

Comment

I mean, you would expect at least some of these gentry interact with keepers, so I see the argument.

Comment

Perhaps, but I am part of a Discord server where at least two people have stated my question word for word - that there are good ones, you just don’t hear about them. While I don’t believe there are, or at least they are too alien to fit our definition of nice/good, I wanted to make sure that I wasn’t perpetuating another myth like Changelings all becoming Gentry at Wyrd 10 Clarity 0, or Changeling Arcadia being the same as Mage Arcadia.
                      Understood!

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                      Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

We have posted the interview and you can find it here: http://thestorytold.libsyn.com/episo...rald-interview

I hope you enjoy it. As with previous interviews, we don't have a text version, but if someone would like to create one, I'm happy to share the outline with the questions (though we do deviate somewhat).

Comment

Very happy with how the interview went, and how the questions were presented. The answer to my question of “Are there ‘Good’ True Fae whose realms people don’t want to leave and thus people don’t hear about them” was very well put, putting a nuanced look on how the Gentry and their servants operate. Thanks to Meghan and ElfSpeaker for this~

Comment

I'm glad to hear you liked it!

Comment

Thanks for asking about the Toronto Freehold, disappointing answer, but you did me a solid.

It's interesting that Kith and Kin is more Tier 1 with not just Kiths, but Regalia, Contracts, and Motley stuff, while the Companion is more Tier two, with Courts, qausi Court like Organizations, Tokens with Oaths, Entitlements, and stuff like that.

Listening to her talk made me wonder if one can be a member of multiple freeholds or international Motley's.

Comment

Working...
                              X