Kith help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kith help

I was working to make a kith for my game coming up. I have an elemental who was a blue sun during his durance. I was wondering what you guys thought would be a cool kith for him? I was thinking something in intimidation with the special power being something with consuming or burning.

Thoughts?

Of the current 2e Kiths, Bright One would be my immediate thought for "was a sun."

Though you sound like you're rather have something closer to just reimaging a Snowskin.

I'm... not exactly sure what a blue sun means conceptually to you to suggest something else.

Comment

I was thinking of this all-consuming great star. Powerful. Bright. Consuming. Hot.

Comment

RE: Kith

Try this one -

Corona Soul
        The Corona Soul burns with incandescent intensity, unable (or unwilling) to dim their consuming passions for anyone, or anything. The force of their desires often manifest as searing light pouring through their cracked skin, but intense displays of heat, electricity or even radiation are not unknown.

Kith Blessing: Choose either Intimidate or Persuasion. When the Corona uses the chosen Skill to mundane attempts to convey the sincerity and intensity of their emotions, achieving three successes counts as an exceptional success.
        Consuming Blaze: By spending a point of Glamour and taking one bashing damage, the Corona Soul can radiate an aura of intense energy (such as light, heat, or electricity), their chosen force rippling forth from their bodies in waves. Until the end of the Scene, as long as the changeling has her Defense available to her, anyone within a yard of the changeling suffers one Bashing damage. When a subject suffers bashing damage from the changelings aura, she may reflexively spend an additional point of Glamour to increase this damage to Lethal.

Curios, Relics, and Tomes - A collection of Relics (Cursed and Otherwise)
        The Horror Lab - A collection of Beasts, Monsters and less definable things.
        Strange Places - A collection of Dark, Mysterious, and Wondrous Locations
        Twilight Menagerie - A collection of Ephemeral Entities

Comment

Originally posted by Reighnhell View Post
          Until the end of the Scene, as long as the changeling has her Defense available to her, anyone within a yard of the changeling suffers one Bashing damage.
          How often does this damage happen?

Comment

I'm not sure I'd recommend a scene long area effect damage dealer.

The Bright One Kith power of Flare is already a pretty on point for exactly that sort of power (do damage to all your opponents that can see you, and they suffer a dice penalty because of how bright you are), but maybe a different Skill bonus than it's Socialize one?

Comment

Re: Corona Soul

What I was primarily interested in in this write up was trying to model an"Energy Aura" effect in a bit of a different way. Sure, using the Bright One is probably the path of least resistance, but I enjoy tinkering with the rules.

Mechanically, I was mostly using the Whirlwind Strike ability from Fighting Style: Martial Arts. I felt was was a good precedent for a persistent damaging effect. If I revise Corona Soul for my own games, I would add a "once per turn" clause to the damage. The trick is having that many conditionals (until end of scene, once per turn, if defense is available,etc) in the power write up and still having it read in a clear fashion.

Curios, Relics, and Tomes - A collection of Relics (Cursed and Otherwise)
              The Horror Lab - A collection of Beasts, Monsters and less definable things.
              Strange Places - A collection of Dark, Mysterious, and Wondrous Locations
              Twilight Menagerie - A collection of Ephemeral Entities

Comment

Working...
              X