Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Fae Touched with Mantle Merit get gain Glamour via Mantle like a Changeling?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Fae Touched with Mantle Merit get gain Glamour via Mantle like a Changeling?

Like Spring Court Mantle grants a Glamour for going out of bounds in pursuit of desire, with a Fae Touched that has Spring Court Mantle, would he be able to gain Glamour that way?

While I'm at it, does Court Goodwill ••• grant the related Mantle ability to gain Glamour?

a Fey Touched with merits Mantle 5 is powerful for a minor template. A character, let's call him Sheldon Cooper, with strength 1 can kick in a bank vault door, gets 5 armour, 5 dice to mundane intimidation rolls, and deal aggravated damage when defending a fellow member of the freehold.

Fae-Touched cannot have the Mantle Merit, and the "gain Glamour when" aspect of Mantle is both rating-agnostic and framed as a thing members of the Court gain; the benefits a character gains through Court Goodwill are explicitly small effects verging on the mundane until Goodwill 5 and adding an entire new means of gaining Glamour is very probably not supposed to be something you can double-dip on just from being mystically gregarious.

Resident Lore-Hound
    Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
      Fae-Touched cannot have the Mantle Merit, and the "gain Glamour when" aspect of Mantle is both rating-agnostic and framed as a thing members of the Court gain; the benefits a character gains through Court Goodwill are explicitly small effects verging on the mundane until Goodwill 5 and adding an entire new means of gaining Glamour is very probably not supposed to be something you can double-dip on just from being mystically gregarious.
      The Fae Touched can have the mantle merit otherwise how else do they get court contracts?

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post

The Fae Touched can have the mantle merit otherwise how else do they get court contracts?
        Through Court Goodwill, the Merit that explicitly gives them a Mentor for learning the Contracts of that Court and has its own thresholds for how high your rating needs to be to learn Common and Royal Contracts.

Resident Lore-Hound
        Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
          Through Court Goodwill, the Merit that explicitly gives them a Mentor for learning the Contracts of that Court and has its own thresholds for how high your rating needs to be to learn Common and Royal Contracts.
          I just read my changeling book and I realized your right, they changed it from the playtest, Faetouched no longer can join a court fully and gain mantle, just court good will.

Comment

Working...
          X