Homebrew Contract Seeming Bonuses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homebrew Contract Seeming Bonuses

I've started adding Seeming bonuses for all Seemings to every Arcadian contract. Just finished Crown and figured "fail faster, might as well share them somewhere", and I'm also interested to see what other people have come up for their own home games. Thus: this thread!

What I've got so far (not playtested, first version): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Any comments, critique, or your own homebrew seeming bonuses welcome!
    Last edited by Unahim; 08-16-2019, 09:22 PM.

You know, people who've played with me can tell you I'm fairly critical of things like house rules, custom materials, etc and trying to make them balanced, but I have to say - I really like what you did with Summon the Loyal Servant's Seeming benefits - its simple, but elegant enough to make one want to purchase every blessing they could get from it. One consideration - less a critique because I like what you did with it and this is more an alternative - is to allow the Wizened Seeming to "build" their servitor, and make the effect last longer due to that process.

I haven't gone through everything, but reading that struck out to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakondite View Post
      You know, people who've played with me can tell you I'm fairly critical of things like house rules, custom materials, etc and trying to make them balanced, but I have to say - I really like what you did with Summon the Loyal Servant's Seeming benefits - its simple, but elegant enough to make one want to purchase every blessing they could get from it. One consideration - less a critique because I like what you did with it and this is more an alternative - is to allow the Wizened Seeming to "build" their servitor, and make the effect last longer due to that process.

I haven't gone through everything, but reading that struck out to me.
      When you "have" to come up with 4 benefits on top of the 2 that already exist, it can really feel like you're reaching at times, and those tend to be the benefits that at one point get reworked wildly when you get new inspiration. But that Contract fell into place really nicely, and I'm very happy with it. The alternative Wizened benefit you suggest would work, but since Fairest already have a "changes duration" benefit, I tried to stay away from doing more of those for this Contract.

Comment

Working...
      X