Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kith and Kin Status?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kith and Kin Status?

    I am very curious as to the status of the Kith and Kin sourcebook. last I heard, it was redline. Does this mean that ran out of money for the project and either have to put it on hold or give up on it altogether?

  • #2
    Redline means that they completed the first draft and are now going through and redlineing any mistakes made or things that don't work or contradict each other or don't fit the lore. think of it as proofreading/editing for the first draft.

    Comment


    • #3
      Excellent! I am curious to see whether my Banshee or Daemon Kith made it into the book.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Madhatter View Post
        I am very curious as to the status of the Kith and Kin sourcebook. last I heard, it was redline. Does this mean that ran out of money for the project and either have to put it on hold or give up on it altogether?
        Redlines are the stage where the developer(s) go through the writers’ first drafts of the text and provide notes for guidance in an effort to make sure the text is as they need it to be. In olden times, this stage was done on paper print-outs and the devs wrote their notes in red pen. Thus, redlines. Some devs left so many notes that they were known as “bloody”.

        Comment


        • #5
          In olden times, this stage was done on paper print-outs and the devs wrote their notes in red pen. Thus, redlines. Some devs left so many notes that they were known as “bloody”.

          Very interesting, I did not know that!

          I'm pretty excited about it the book to see if any other readers suggestions will be put in it, like fae blooded, non-human changelings, and fae touched becoming changelings through their efforts in arcadia.

          Comment


          • #6
            And while the whole "bloody page" makes redlines sound terrifying (and sometimes they are), the entire process is the single most useful thing for writers. This is when we get to see what works, what doesn't, and how we can hone our craft.

            Occasionally I see writers ask on twitter if their peers would rather never get writer's block or never have to edit their work again. Answer's always easy for me. Redlines are useful and helpful, they make me a better writer. Writer's block plain sucks. I'll keep my Redlines, thank you very much!


            Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

            CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

            Comment


            • #7
              Do we have a general timeline of when the book will be made available?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Madhatter View Post
                Do we have a general timeline of when the book will be made available?
                Anything definitive and set in stone? No.

                We never really know how long a book will take in any particular development stage. One book can be in and out in one stage in a matter of weeks, other times it'll be at the same stage for months. We never really know, and OPP isn't obligated to give us ALL the nitty gritty details on why a book is in whatever stage for how long.

                ...personally speaking, looking at where it's at now, I think we're definitely not going to see it in 2019. 2020 at best, but I wouldn't be surprised if it got pushed into 2021.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                  And while the whole "bloody page" makes redlines sound terrifying (and sometimes they are), the entire process is the single most useful thing for writers. This is when we get to see what works, what doesn't, and how we can hone our craft.

                  Occasionally I see writers ask on twitter if their peers would rather never get writer's block or never have to edit their work again. Answer's always easy for me. Redlines are useful and helpful, they make me a better writer. Writer's block plain sucks. I'll keep my Redlines, thank you very much!
                  Redlines are gifts.


                  Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                  The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                  Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    *looks around*

                    ...alright, guess I'll take a crack at what's been revealed about Kith & Kin in the latest Pathcast (16:15-20:45).

                    -Meghan reiterates that this book is NOT a "Book of Kiths"...in the sense that no, the book is not filled with nothing but more example kiths.
                    -That no, the book is more accurately a "Changeling 2e Player's Guide"
                    -There is the one chapter devoted to Kiths...and reassures that there's "a lot". She does talk about how not every 1e Kith is going to be converted in the chapter...due to the design changes from 1e to 2e. Specifically, a lot of the 1e Kiths are now redundant due to the design aim of kiths being divorced from Seemings. Example given was that in 1e, all the Seemings had their own water kith. But in 2e, it makes no sense to bring all of them forward, so now there's only the one water kith that all of the Seemings have access to.
                    -Oaths chapter.
                    -Regalia: New Contracts and more importantly..."Build-a-Regalia" rules.
                    -First chapter is a "Changeling psychology" chapter. In exploring what it's like to roleplay a changeling. One example give was unusual cases of if a changeling emerged from the Hedge...in space. Or 100 years after they got taken. Or 100 years before you were born. The latter: oh hai Mummy tie-in potential!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
                      -First chapter is a "Changeling psychology" chapter. In exploring what it's like to roleplay a changeling. One example give was unusual cases of if a changeling emerged from the Hedge...in space. Or 100 years after they got taken. Or 100 years before you were born. The latter: oh hai Mummy tie-in potential!!!
                      Interesting. Honestly, my changeling feels sort of overly human. Is there a good 1e book I can use in the mean time for better getting into a Changeling's head.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        First chapter is a "Changeling psychology" chapter. In exploring what it's like to roleplay a changeling. One example give was unusual cases of if a changeling emerged from the Hedge...in space. Or 100 years after they got taken. Or 100 years before you were born. The latter: oh hai Mummy tie-in potential!!!

                        Did the chapter on changeling psychology say anything about returning younger than your original age? Such as a 101 year old woman returning at the age of 24? I am interested in playing a succubus character who was originally an old church nun, but turned into a fairest succubus and is a member of the spring court.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
                          *looks around*

                          ..
                          -There is the one chapter devoted to Kiths...and reassures that there's "a lot". She does talk about how not every 1e Kith is going to be converted in the chapter...due to the design changes from 1e to 2e. Specifically, a lot of the 1e Kiths are now redundant due to the design aim of kiths being divorced from Seemings. Example given was that in 1e, all the Seemings had their own water kith. But in 2e, it makes no sense to bring all of them forward, so now there's only the one water kith that all of the Seemings have access to.
                          -Or 100 years after they got taken. Or 100 years before you were born. The latter: oh hai Mummy tie-in potential!!!
                          Yeah, that makes sense. I am hoping some fan made kith are put in the book, such as the cartoon kith.

                          Inspired by Bendy and the Ink Machine I have the idea for a changeling who was originally a cartoonist from the 1930's and made into one of the first cartoon kiths (he's kind of a cross between Sylvester and Felix the Cat) and serves his freehold as a detective.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X