Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is a Gizzely (size 7) Loyal Servant called small?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is a Gizzely (size 7) Loyal Servant called small?

According to the contract Loyal Servant, the Loyal Servant can be from size 1-7. 1 is a baby (small), 5 is an adult (not small), 6 is like a Basket Ball Player (not small), 7 is a Grizzely Bear (really freaking big). So why does the text keep assuming your loyal servant is small?

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
    According to the contract Loyal Servant, the Loyal Servant can be from size 1-7. 1 is a baby (small), 5 is an adult (not small), 6 is like a Basket Ball Player (not small), 7 is a Grizzely Bear (really freaking big). So why does the text keep assuming your loyal servant is small?
    Because it has Power 1 and Resistance 1 and is a pseudo-ephemeral being made of set dressing. Most of the things they're going to be any good at benefit from being the size of a housecat more than being an appreciable fraction of the size of a sports car.

Resident Lore-Hound
    Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
      Because it has Power 1 and Resistance 1 and is a pseudo-ephemeral being made of set dressing. Most of the things they're going to be any good at benefit from being the size of a housecat more than being an appreciable fraction of the size of a sports car.
      So it's a statement on power not physical size, they are minor beings got it.

Comment

So it's a statement on power not physical size, they are minor beings got it.

Yeah, a bear-sized creature with those sort of stats is mostly just a roadblock.

When the cat's a Stray, the mice will pray...

Comment

Originally posted by TheStray7 View Post

Yeah, a bear-sized creature with those sort of stats is mostly just a roadblock.
          Actually given that it can be any shape and size and make them virtually out of anything, it can have a ton of uses.

Like you summon it in the shape of a wall or a ladder, or chair or sofa, or a written message or make it reflective and use it like a mirror, and so much more. Will expand this post tomorrow, I need sleep.
          Last edited by Omegaphallic; 01-20-2020, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Actually given that it can be any shape and size and make them virtually out of anything, it can have a ton of uses.

Like you summon it in the shape of a wall or a ladder, or chair or sofa, or a written message or make it reflective and use it like a mirror, and so much more. Will expand this post tomorrow, I need sleep.

At that point, it's really more Equipment than Servant, isn't it? I mean, I get what you're saying; those are great uses for it. I'm just wondering how annoyed a Hedge spirit might be to just be called forth to be a ladder or chair.

When the cat's a Stray, the mice will pray...

Comment

Originally posted by TheStray7 View Post

At that point, it's really more Equipment than Servant, isn't it? I mean, I get what you're saying; those are great uses for it. I'm just wondering how annoyed a Hedge spirit might be to just be called forth to be a ladder or chair.
              Well equipment that can move and do stuff and has limited ability to think.

Where is really cool is you can combine it with hedgespinning/Dreamweaving to create some really weird stuff, then turn it into a Loyal Servant.

You can also boost it abit with a mix of certain contracts and 5 dot autumn mantle merit.

Like you cam share the effects of Wing and Talon contract with it. So a Darkling Autumn Mantle ••••• could use Wing and Talon on themselves to gain speed and a poison attack and then next turn grant that speed and attack to his Loyal Servant.

Plus they are emphereals so they only take bashing damage from regular attacks. They are a good damage soaker at size 7.
              Last edited by Omegaphallic; 01-20-2020, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X