Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions Please: One of my PC's killed his Fetch

Hi all,

I was not expecting one of the players in a game I GM to kill his Fetch. In short, he found his Fetch living his life, married to his wife. He freaked out and ambushed his Fetch and killed it. the player is attempting to take over for the Fetch and reclaim his relationship with his wife. The wife knows something is wrong, as suddenly the player has injuries from his fight with the Fetch that he can't explain and the wife NPC senses a behavior change from the Fetch to the changeling.

I'm a bit stumped on how to play this out. I'm looking for suggestions. What might some of the consequences be?

Thank you.
    Drumheller

Organizer for the Dead Gamers Society: The So Cal World of Darkness Meetup. http://www.meetup.com/Dead-Gamers-Society/

Interesting turn of events, like the 'My spouse has been replaced!' bodysnatchers/invaders tale, except you're the bodysnatcher/invader. It's a problem for the changeling. Honesty is probably the best answer, but even that won't necessarily save the marriage. Unless the wife is a True Friend it would make sense for her to be increasingly suspicious, especially as the changeling will not remember things that the couple experienced when the changeling wasn't around.

It wouldn't like ruin the character forever, so don't worry about that, but killing someone's loved one then trying to replace them, especially impulsively, is the kind of act that leads to a lot of wild plothooks.

Comment

Depending on what kind of friends the wife has she might ask questions or drop hints that could wind up being overheard by people with the inclination and means to research supernatural phenomena.

At the very least if the changeling can't come up with a convincing lie to explain the injuries and sudden memory loss she's very likely to get creeped out and want him to stay far away from her.

Comment

Thank you for responding. Good thoughts.

Organizer for the Dead Gamers Society: The So Cal World of Darkness Meetup. http://www.meetup.com/Dead-Gamers-Society/

Comment

Imagine one day your spouse comes home and they have wounds all over their body. Their whole disposition has shifted. They don't remember huge chunks of your life. The change is sudden and dramatic.

I'd probably feel like they experienced some real trauma they weren't comfortable talking about. I'd feel a great combination of worried that they're ok and sad/resentful that they're keeping something from me.

What kind of person was his wife and what kind of relationship did they have? How does she act out these feelings? Does she get mad and passive aggressive? Mad and physically aggressive? Does she insist on therapy? Does she get her church involved? His family? Does she stage an intervention?

How well does the PC reacclimate? Are her concerns diminished over time, or does he keep bumbling it up? Is he pretending nothing is happening? Is he lying about what really happened?

His wife wants reassurance that everything is OK, and that she's not crazy. He may be able to give it to her. This is a fantastic time to use the social maneuvering tools.

My ideas are bad and I should feel bad.

Comment

Hi all,

Just following up on this post and let you know how it turned out.

For many game sessions, the player tried and slowly made progress on reestablishing his relationship with his wife. But, a rival changeling attempted to muck things up but dropping hints to the wife that the player character was not being truthful.

Eventually, the player character came clean and revealed to the wife his experience and he was a changeling. The
            wife could not really process this and it was an emotionally fraught situation. The intensity of this emotional scene acted as a flare that signaled the players characters True Fae. His True Fae showed up and stole the wife away into The Hedge and beyond.

It was a tragic situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Drumheller View Post
              Hi all,

For many game sessions, the player tried and slowly made progress on reestablishing his relationship with his wife. But, a rival changeling attempted to muck things up but dropping hints to the wife that the player character was not being truthful.

Eventually, the player character came clean and revealed to the wife his experience and he was a changeling. The
              wife could not really process this and it was an emotionally fraught situation. The intensity of this emotional scene acted as a flare that signaled the players characters True Fae. His True Fae showed up and stole the wife away into The Hedge and beyond.

That is indeed tragic, bit a nice bit of storytelling. Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by Drumheller View Post
                Hi all,

Very tragic. But leads to a great rescue arc. That is unless something happens to his wife that makes her a Loyalist.

Maybe she even blames him for causing her to be taken in the first place.

I could see her coming back as a Bridge Burner or Courtless Changeling looking to get revenge on her Ex-Husband.

Comment

Working...
                X