Homebrew 2e Entitlements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homebrew 2e Entitlements

So Oak, Ash, and Thorn companion is now out and about (for backers) which means now we can dig into the 2e version of Entitlements.

And with provided guidelines to create your own Entitlements...homebrew thread time! Share the Entitlements you've come up with, and discuss 2e Entitlements in general.

I am, like, 90% any revision of The Rosiere is going to have to include the Roles as Entitlements, so there's that.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

What were the example entitlements? Just wondering si that, if I do do this, I dont inadvertently make a redundant entitlement

Comment

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
        What were the example entitlements? Just wondering si that, if I do do this, I dont inadvertently make a redundant entitlement
        • Baron of the Lesser Ones, an entitlement from 1e carrying forward its role as an intermediary between freeholds and hobgoblins.
        • Master of Keys, a long-dormant station that once concerned itself with obscure Hedgeways and now deals with the collection and keeping of secrets and cannot be passed on directly from bearer to bearer.
        • Dauphines of Wayward Children, a three-part legion entitlement essentially consisting of three different takes on the Magical Nanny archetype who pass on their roles to those Lost children among their wards.

Resident Lore-Hound
        Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
          • Baron of the Lesser Ones, an entitlement from 1e carrying forward its role as an intermediary between freeholds and hobgoblins.
          • Master of Keys, a long-dormant station that once concerned itself with obscure Hedgeways and now deals with the collection and keeping of secrets and cannot be passed on directly from bearer to bearer.
          • Dauphines of Wayward Children, a three-part legion entitlement essentially consisting of three different takes on the Magical Nanny archetype who pass on their roles to those Lost children among their wards.
          Ok thanks. Is it ok if I just give general ideas? I'm simply terrible with mechanics, but do like conceptualizing

Comment

Just saying, Benjamin Sisko is a changeling and his Entitlement is "The Emissary."

He is not at all pleased by this development.

Black Lives Matter

He/His Pronouns | CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

Comment

Ok thanks. Is it ok if I just give general ideas? I'm simply terrible with mechanics, but do like conceptualizing
              Sure, go ahead!

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

Sure, go ahead!
                Thanks! And Second Chances, is that an off-hand mention in Oak, Ash, and Thorn? If so, does that means Entitlements are not necessarily something you intentionally want/have very burdensome responsibilities?

Comment

Ok here's a concept (anyone feel free to add mechanics)

The Bountiful Harvester: an entitlement with a focus on the harvesting and cultivation of Goblin fruit and the creation of new ones. I think a good example in fiction for what a changeling carrying that entitlement would be the man who Jack his magic beans.

Well, I hope that's a good, if incredibly bare bones, try. I have no idea how a changeling is to get the entitlement, but I would say only ever one can carry it.

Comment

And Second Chances, is that an off-hand mention in Oak, Ash, and Thorn?
                    It's a Star Trek reference.

If so, does that means Entitlements are not necessarily something you intentionally want/have very burdensome responsibilities?
                    Put it this way: While it's pretty hard to just plain abdicate the station of Baron of the Lesser Ones, it's not uncommon for changelings hoping to take on the job to find its current bearer only too willing to pass it off.

The Touchstone you get from an entitlement exists independent of your Clarity track and turns off all the benefits of your station until you replace it if you lose it, along with inflicting the consequences of losing your last Touchstone if it's lost no matter how many other Touchstones you have.

Wild entitlements — entitlements that have been left without a bearer for some length of time and gone a bit askew — are notable for needing a certain amount of fixing-up to stop their bearers from leaking Bedlam at low Clarity, and accepting one makes you an Oathbreaker by default until you've successfully fixed it at least a little bit. (The way a blazon works means you need, by definition, at least Wyrd 5 before you can completely tame a wild entitlement.)

Resident Lore-Hound
                    Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                      Just saying, Benjamin Sisko is a changeling and his Entitlement is "The Emissary."

He is not at all pleased by this development.
                      Everything in this post is true facts. XD

Meghan Fitzgerald | Onyx Path freelance writer & developer
                      Changeling: The Lost developer
                      Mage: The Awakening developer

Comment

I have a draft of an update of the Duchy of the Icebound Heart that I've been working on. It's far from presentable, as I'm still feeling out what makes for a good blessing (many of the examples seem to suggest a combination of obligation + boon). In the meantime, a thought has glimmered in my head that I'm not quite sure what to do with yet, about potential connections between Entitlement, Inheritance, and Ascension.

Comment

Dumb question, probably the wrong spot for it... but I was writing up a custom Entitlement’s heraldry token and I noticed all the sample ones don’t have Catches like tokens. They have Catches like contracts - each of them denote an action the character takes in order to not pay the glamour cost of the heraldry token, but tokens generally have a curse for you for not paying. Tokens have consequences for free usage, contracts have workarounds.

Basically, am I misreading things? Do heraldry tokens work differently like that intentionally, or was this an oversight?

Edit: scrap that. I was misremembering, as double checking the tokens from the core 2e book had the same style. May need to rework my token’s Catch then.
                          Last edited by Taidragon; 03-23-2020, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Ok, so I'm not someone who can just bang out a Thing within a fortnight, so here's one concept I got rattling around: "The Wild Lawman" (name pending, I'm terrible at names).

Basically, they're a roaming private investigator. They tend to be attracted to freeholds where the courts/factions involved are so thoroughly compromised/corrupt and are too invested in politicking with each other, that they can't reliably resolve serious crimes and bring the relevant parties to justice. That's where the Lawman comes in: they are THE third party to solving crimes and exposing the truth, unhindered by court loyalties (or if they are a courtier, they're expected to be able to put their loyalty aside), and bringing the truth to the freehold, no matter the cost.

Narrative archetypes: wandering gunslinger, noir private eye, white/grey hat hacker

Media inspirations: Dragnet, Ace Attorney

Comment

So recently I have been reading up a bit on ephemeral entities (ghosts, spirits, Hedge Ghoste etc) and was wondering if anyone had considered an Entitlement geared towards that? My idea was something that lets the Changeling have access to some sort of Influences at dots equal to half their Wyrd or something such.

Comment

Working...
                              X