Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas-themed Courts

Hello everyone!

I know that this question is very out of left field, but here it goes.

Suppose you had a freehold based somewhere in the far north. And let’s say this freehold has a Christmas theme and is populated by changelings approximating the figures of Christmas/Yule lore (i.e., Santa, Mrs. Claus, Rudolph, etc.). What does you think the different courts should be?

Should they reflect variations of the winter season? Should they revolve around different Christmas customs? Maybe different types of Christmas gift bringers?

Any ideas would be appreciated, no matter how silly or absurd.

Originally posted by Holy-Hell-Thats-Hot View Post
    Hello everyone!

I know that this question is very out of left field, but here it goes.

Suppose you had a freehold based somewhere in the far north. And let’s say this freehold has a Christmas theme and is populated by changelings approximating the figures of Christmas/Yule lore (i.e., Santa, Mrs. Claus, Rudolph, etc.). What does you think the different courts should be?

Should they reflect variations of the winter season? Should they revolve around different Christmas customs? Maybe different types of Christmas gift bringers?

Any ideas would be appreciated, no matter how silly or absurd.

If it is really far in the north, I would make a combination of existing courts: Winter Court and Winter Lag, both have different views on winter.

Thematically it would be better served by two first edition courts: Dawn and Dusk and some Common/Royal Winter contracts.
    Last edited by lbeaumanior; 03-20-2020, 04:32 PM.

Comment

In "Christianity the Origin of a Pagan Religion" by Philippe Walter I read that Father Christmas has an opposite number known as Hellequin, an emaciated figure that drives a cart pulled by skeleton horses. Father Christmas heads the Court of Plenty, while Hellequin leads the Court of Famine.

Comment

@Holy-Hell-That’s-Hot would you like an answer based on what I know of Changeling: the Dreaming or would that be useless to you?

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her.

Comment

A Motley of Christmas-themed Changelings with a Keeper that was basically Santa could be a really neat concept. A Reindeer Beast, some Wizened Elves, maybe a Wintry Elemental, etc

Comment

Working...
          X