Dark Eras Changeling Compilation on DTRPG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post

Its not about me, I have moved on, its a about newbies who could end up buying a product with 50% roughly unusable mechanics. That is not fair to new players who don't know that going in. Its like selling a box of dishes where half are shattered, because you know that new buyers won't know about the broken dishes.
    Because when I'm a complete newbie searching for new mechanics in RPG supplements, the first place I'm going to check is the historical setting books for a storytelling game.

Resident Lore-Hound
    Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

It also doesn't tell the buyer they are broken and unusable either, if it did I wouldn't have complained about it.
      ...you going to deliberately ignore ArcaneArts' suggestions? Because otherwise, not as if newbies are going to be completely helpless.

Comment

Its not about me, I have moved on, its a about newbies who could end up buying a product with 50% roughly unusable mechanics. That is not fair to new players who don't know that going in. Its like selling a box of dishes where half are shattered, because you know that new buyers won't know about the broken dishes.
        Disregarding the brokenness or not of the dishes...

I'm curious if you're speaking of these sorts of issues from personal experience with buying content for new gamelines or if this is hypothetical.

Because from what I remember of my buying habits when I started getting into games, setting books weren't particularly high on my list of priorities.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
        Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

...and IIRC, staff on OPP have said that setting books have consistently been the lowest selling products across all gamelines.

Setting stuff is likely to be grabbed by STs who are probably going to tweak things to fit their chronicle anyways.

Comment

The fact you are still arguing about it, and that this is literally the only thing you post about on these forum anymore, clearly indicates otherwise.

Patreon | He/His Pronouns | Currently writing: Tome of the Pentacle (OPP), The Hedge (OPP)

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

Comment

Working...
            X