Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houseruled Needle anchor

Hi everyone.

While i absolutely love the Thread anchor, the Needle one never really sat right with me.
    It works perfectly fine but ... theres really nothing needle like about it, to my comprehension of it, and the "your true true self" concept is something that could be tacked on any of the other splat so theres nothing particurlaly changeling about it.

Since it looks like ill be able to run a one shot of changeling in 1 month i thought to post here the change to the Needle anchor ill be using in my games.

(Preemptive apologies as im not a very good wordsmith so its possible my descriptions are disjointed).

In short the Needle is what the changeling has identified as the reason they were taken.
    So the Needle archetypes would look like stuff such as Naivety, Curiousity, Greed, Impoliteness, etc.

Confronting their Needles either in themselves or with others allows a changeling to replenish their willpower pool.
    But if they are not careful they risk being pricked (cause needle) and suffer clarity damage.

Im still working on how that would work mechanically speaking (im not great at game mechanics im afraid) but im quite happy with how its turning out.

Im writing out a list of Needle archetypes examples for my game so if anyone has more ideas dont hesitate. 😊

Completed campaign: Scion 2nd Edition. Les Légendes Currently playing: Being a dad for a 3 year old daughter and a 2 years old son and now a beautiful new baby.

Originally posted by Maitrecorbo View Post
    It works perfectly fine but ... theres really nothing needle like about it, to my comprehension of it, and the "your true true self" concept is something that could be tacked on any of the other splat so theres nothing particurlaly changeling about it.
    To get this out of the way: It's a pun.

A Needle is both a sewing instrument and a key element of a working compass, which the Lost would naturally find useful.

Your Needle is a fallback identifier when any other answer to "what are you?" fails you.

Resident Lore-Hound
    Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

Working...
    X