Dumb Idea: Court Bargain with Covid-19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb Idea: Court Bargain with Covid-19

It's what it says on the tin...i wonder what a court bargain with Covid-19 would look like and what contracts + mantle could come of it.

Uhhhhhhh...............

Look, I get how this can be entertaining to consider, but considering it's still going on and people are still dying from it, let's call this a little tasteless and definitely too soon.

Maybe a different thread of Court Bargains with diseases?

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

Pestilence would be a fitting, nondescript patron for a Court that holds to addressing the fragility and vibrancy of mortality- something the True Fae cannot truly comprehend, due to their narrative derived immortality denying them the true finality of death.

But Bargaining with a specific disease, that is somewhat in poor taste, no matter the era.
      Last edited by Korogra; 03-22-2021, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Also do you really want to pin your court to something that’s going to start its permanent decline any month now?

Comment

Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
          Also do you really want to pin your court to something that’s going to start its permanent decline any month now?
          This would have been my first argument if/when the Court Bargain with Diseases thread in general, and it holds for pretty much any you'd pick up.

It also leads towards the inevitable slope of "Why not Bargain with Disease period?" which leads to "Why not Bargain with Death ala the Horsemen from First Edition Geist", which leads to "Why not bargain with the major powers of the other gamelines?" and that's all she wrote*.

*The Curses, Luna, Supernal Entities/The Watchtowers/Exarchs, The Principle, The Judges, the God-Machine, the Dark Mother, etc, you already know, you've probably already thought about it.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
          The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
          Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

Oak, Ash, And Thorn brings that very question up and also says: “Well.. why not?” To the possibility of making a Bargain with any of those entities. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are Free Companies or Dynasties who have Mantle effects granted to them by the God-Machine or the Chthonic Gods here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by Korogra View Post
              Pestilence would be a fitting, nondescript patron for a Court that holds to addressing the fragility and vibrancy of mortality- something the True Fae cannot truly comprehend, due to their narrative derived immortality denying them the true finality of death.

But Bargaining with a specific disease, that is somewhat in poor taste, no matter the era.
              Might be interesting if they wound up getting infected by it, and then Truly Dying.

Comment

Originally posted by Ariel Schnee View Post
                Might be interesting if they wound up getting infected by it, and then Truly Dying.
                "Truly Dying"?

Bloodline: The Stygians
                Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Working...
                X