Immortality

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immortality

Some of the threads of Changeling have touched upon how to make a changeling character immortal. It has been pointed out the immortality is rather distant in Chronicles of Darkness, but I would like to see a changeling rule book that explores this topic.

I feel there should be several ways to become immortal ranging from reaching wyrd 10, making a pledge, powers of your keeper, or even an artifact/item in the hedge.

For example; perhaps the characters find the fountain of youth in the hedge or even the holy grail(this could be used in a chronicle that focused on Arthurian mythos).

Diving deep, deep into the Dreaming Roads until you become a living recurring dream sounds interesting.

MtAw Homebrew:
    Even more Legacies, updated to 2E
    New 2E Legacies, expanded

Comment

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
      Diving deep, deep into the Dreaming Roads until you become a living recurring dream sounds interesting.

It also might be interesting to gain immortality by becoming a famous fairy tale. Hint: I haven't given up on the Changeling rule books introducing famous fairytale characters as changelings.

Comment

The supplement Oak, Ash, and Thorn introduces an option of replacing your heart with a Token. It's has drawbacks and benefits, chief among them being actual immortality. The great irony is that it gives True Fae more time to capture you.

~

Comment

Become a True Fae.

If you want famous fairy tale characters, long lives will suffice where immortality....implicates.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
          The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
          Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
            Become a True Fae.

If you want famous fairy tale characters, long lives will suffice where immortality....implicates.
            I definitely think it would be interesting to introduce Gentry who had once been mortals and explore what they gained AND what they gave up upon becoming True Fae

Comment

I’d rather be Empty than Gentry, to be honest. I value things like compassion and humanity, and the act of becoming Empty doesn’t inherently make you a terrible god-monster lol

Comment

Working...
              X