For example:

A Chimera Fairest.

A Dancer Ogre.

A Draconic Wizened.

A Manikin Beast.

A Notary Beast.

A Truefriend Wizened.

What ideas do you guys have?

I only really know 2e, so my combinations will be from there.

Darkling Bright One - probably looks like a humanoid black hole, with the event horizon as the "brightness"

(Heat-based) Elemental Snowskin - possibly a lava elemental sheathed in a skin of unmelting ice

Ogre Mirrorskin - a Beast could at least be a chameleon or a mimicking animal. Ogres with a constantly shifting appearance are a bit more nightmare fuel

Darkling Playmate - might fit in with the Adams Family

Wizened Hunterheart - ... wut?

Monkish Asexual.

I make Legacies when I'm bored. They're of middling quality, but have a look if you're interested. Advice and suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Cauthon View Post

Wizened Hunterheart - ... wut?
      A scrawny hag-goblin-thing, all bones and skin, with fingers like petrified wood and a mouthful of hungry teeth.

MtAw Homebrew:
      Even more Legacies, updated to 2E
      New 2E Legacies, expanded

Comment

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post

A scrawny hag-goblin-thing, all bones and skin, with fingers like petrified wood and a mouthful of hungry teeth.
        So a Pathfinder goblin? Makes sense.

Monkish Asexual.

I make Legacies when I'm bored. They're of middling quality, but have a look if you're interested. Advice and suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Comment

To expand upon my original choices:

A Chimera Fairest. An amalgam of animals, her traits are so subtle that it’s easy to miss them. They certainly don’t detract from her beauty, as the Gentry called the Ever-Victorious Hero kept her chained to his throne. She’s Summer Court.

A Dancer Ogre. A giant Keeper, the Endlessly Walking Lion, desired a paramour, but the Fairest he made kept breaking, so he found a young man and made him as titanic as he was handsome. He’s Spring Court.

A Draconic Wizened. Chained to an Arcadian bellows, this poor, much-abused wyrm kept the forge fires hot...or else he paid the price. Eventually, he superheated his chains, broke them, then flew to the Hedge and beyond, to Ironside. His Keeper, the Shaper at the Forge definitely wants her pet dragon back! He’s Autumn Court.

A Manikin Beast. A child-like Gentry, the Royal Brat, creates an ensemble of toys, this one a stuffed teddy bear. Oh, the adventures they had together, at least til the changeling could no longer handle the brutish mistreatment and fled back to Earth. He’s Courtless.

A Notary Beast. A beautiful bird with ink for blood and quilled feathers growing out of her back, her Keeper, Who Bookbinds With Blood, obsessed with cataloguing things, changed her so he’d have a linking inkpot to write with. She’s Autumn Court.

A Truefriend Wizened. A doll made for a little child, this poor Wizened went through hellish ‘playtesting’ while in a corporate office drone realm in Arcadia. He’s Summer Court.
          Last edited by Demigod Beast; 11-10-2022, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cauthon View Post
            I only really know 2e, so my combinations will be from there.

Darkling Bright One - probably looks like a humanoid black hole, with the event horizon as the "brightness"
            Possibly from a Keeper who fancies itself a cosmos-jaunting Alien!

(Heat-based) Elemental Snowskin - possibly a lava elemental sheathed in a skin of unmelting ice
            I really like this one. Might steal the concept for for an Insatiable.

Ogre Mirrorskin - a Beast could at least be a chameleon or a mimicking animal. Ogres with a constantly shifting appearance are a bit more nightmare fuel
            “You are what you eat” could be the phrase around which a character is built.

Comment

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post

Agreed. A Pathfinder goblin.

Comment

Here’s a list of new ones. I’ll list them now, then, I’ll return to flesh them out a bit, once I’ve thought a bit about them.

EDIT: OK. Here we go!

A Bright One Wizened. Captured by Apollo Alpha, a Gentry that imagined itself a sentient galaxy, this man was transformed into a black dwarf—-a dead sun, still radiant, but broken at the core. Not yet escaped from Arcadia.

A Farwalker Elemental. The Hunter of the Perfect Rose required standing stones to mark the borders of his Arcadian Domain. He’s Summer Court.

A Farwalker Fairest. The Hunter of the Perfect Rose has some pretty terrifying ideas of how to romance someone. He captures men and women (gender doesn’t really matter to such as he) and transforms them into prey for he and his hounds to ‘hunt’. This poor fool is one such prey. He’s Winter Court.

A Hunterheart Elemental. The Hunter of the Perfect Rose needs arrows to pierce that which he hunts. This changeling, once a sapient arrow, is just such an ammunition. She’s Summer Court.

A Levinquick Darkling. Ships would sail in the Sea Storm Eternal, but not on the waves—-in the sky! Clouded by darkness and struck by lightning, these crews became dark thunderclouds themselves, given time. Even escaping to Earth, these changelings retain the storm inside themselves...

A Polychromatic Ogre. Captured by Apollo Alpha, the same Gentry as the above-mentioned Bright One Wizened, this Polychromatic Ogre was remade into a supermassive sun. Still captive in Arcadia.

A Smith Beast. The Brute, an ape-Gentry, had a million monkeys working his forges. Most of these monkeys were figments of the Brute’s imagination, but a rare few were changelings.

A Stonebones Beast. She displeased the Hunter of the Perfect Rose by refusing to play his game, so buried her in the earth, where she fossilized.
                Last edited by Demigod Beast; 11-10-2022, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Here’s some more, to be fleshed out in a few hours:

A Broadback Fairest. The Stag King desired yet another wife, and this poor changeling fulfilled that role. Beautiful, animalistic and cursed with a sad, mournful gaze, even returning Ironsides has yet to lift her morose spirits.

A Dancer Wizened. The Toy was meant to dance, but the Toy never danced quite well enough. Other toys danced better, and were loved; the Toy could not, no matter how many times the Toymaker had to punish him. Now, he’s a broken porcelain dolls, inner gears exposed by a cracked shell.

A Draconic Elemental. Fuck it, dragonborn it is.

A Stonebones Fairest. A True Fae in Roman Times became fascinated by Hadrian and Antinous, and was obsessed with the idea of immortalizing beauty in stone. So, he captures beautiful young men and ossified them, puts them in temples and watches with glee as their sanity crumbles due to constant blood-sacrifices being offered up to the ‘Young God’.

A Woodblood Ogre. Not sure, yet.
                  Last edited by Demigod Beast; 07-24-2022, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Demigod Beast View Post
                    Here’s some more, to be fleshed out in a few hours:

A Broadback Fairest.

A Dancer Wizened.

A Draconic Elemental.

A Stonebones Fairest.

A Woodblood Ogre.
                    Broadback Fairest would likely go in for the "animal magnetism" aspect - make it a satyr.

Draconic Elemental sounds like a DnD Dragonborn to me. Possibly crafted as "miniatures" by a "GM" True Fae. Different element, different color dragon.

Stonebones Fairest would probably be a kami of a mountain - either a wind-carved statue of a person, or a craggy, statuesque figure crowned with snow and ice for hair.

Similarly, a Woodblood Ogre would be a Middle Earth Ent, Warhammer Tree-kin, or Azerothian Ancient. Again, could have been created by a tabletop-obsessed Fae.

Monkish Asexual.

Comment

Some more. I’ll flesh out my own versions tomorrow:

EDIT: OK, here we go.

A Blightbent Fairest. Made out of poisonous mushrooms, this alien, HR Giger-like beauty is as deadly as he is strangely desirable. His Keeper, the Architect of Blurred Dreams, would sometimes eat this changeling’s limb’s to induce altered states of consciousness.

A Chatelaine Beast. The little dog had been trained by Mommy to perform clever tricks for Mommy’s friends, and when the little dog succeeded, it was given treats and belly rubs and told how amazing it was. But the little dog sometimes failed at a trick, and embarrassed Mommy greatly. Then there was pain and shouting and hateful kicks.

A Gargantuan Elemental. The Master of the Air needed mountains to loom over and blot out the size over with his wingspan, and so, lacking mountains, he made them.

A Gargantuan Fairest. One day, the sky fell into obsession over a man, but she could not go to the ground and he could not ascend to the sky. So, she lowered a ladder,but the man could not climb it. The sky raged, then came up with a new idea. She threw hooked chains at him and asked the Earth to bind the man by his feet. The sky stretched the man, till the two could finally embrace.

A Helldiver Grimm. A text of daring adventures while in Arcadia, her Keeper, Who Bookbinds With Blood, used her narrative to draw in unwary Hedge-explorers.

An Illes Beast. A human-sized frog, he was forced to give up his powerfully hallucinogenic blood to the Architect of Blurred Dreams. Other times, this poor changeling cast illusions throughout the Keeper’s blurry, perpetually out of focus forest, erasing the line between fantasy and reality, even in Arcadia.
                      Last edited by Demigod Beast; 08-13-2022, 05:55 PM.

Comment

A crazy one for me would be a Draconic Stonebones character. The keeper took time and effort to make this Ogre look like a Barqoue statue.

What in the name of Set is going on here?

Comment

Originally posted by Lysander View Post
                          A crazy one for me would be a Draconic Stonebones character. The keeper took time and effort to make this Ogre look like a Barqoue statue.
                          Double kiths are no longer a thing, sadly.

Comment

I need to order Changeling The Lost 2nd edition to learn all the changes to one of my favorite NWOD games.

What in the name of Set is going on here?

Comment

What are Double Kiths exactly? I'm assuming this is from 1e? We can mix any kiths together, but we can't have...double kiths?

Comment

Working...
                              X