No announcement yet.

Arkham Lost

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mummy would work pretty well with the setting, being as it has a lot of elements of Lovecraftian horror; heck, Guildhalls of the Deathless has an Utterance (Ancestry of Forgotten Stars) that not only plays on the theme of tainted ancient bloodlines, but makes a pretty clear reference to Nyarlathotep (here called the "Herald of Forgotten Stars").

Comment

For what little it's worth, changing the emotions of a court has precedence with the Dead Season (Despair) replacing Winter, though that's more because winter is so godawful in Svalbard than the Changelings in it. Gonna read through this before I make any suggestions that're particularly dumb, but. I like it. The Gentry stealing human stories is exactly what they're about, after all.

Comment

I like it, I really like it, but I'd change the Spring Court from rare simple outsiders to Changeling who gave in partially to they're unnatural desires, and disurbing mad complusions.

One Spring Courtier has a desire, to complusively eat maggots, but only the ones he calls Frank, never the ones he calls by other names. With research one finds out Frank was the Courtiers brother who did not come back from Arcadia.

Or another whose desire is to cut strange, hieroglaphs into her skin, doing to gives her relief and a measure of escstacy, but to look upon them feels wrong. A week later they've all healed up without a sign they were ever there, so she can begin carving her flesh anew.

And a young man who has a compulsive desire to cover himself liquidified horse shit, while making love to an unholy statue that reminds any one who looks upon it, of thier Keeper, no matter who they are. The young man powerless against his complusion weeps tears of blood and sobs unconsolibly when he defiles his idol. When denied his desires for more then a week he becomes mad, snarling and biting people until he gets to apease his unnatural desires.

Comment

Thank you so much for doing this.
          Hopefully this project is still kicking - I'd love to see Arkham Lost done up in 2nd edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Maerius View Post
            Thank you so much for doing this.
            Hopefully this project is still kicking - I'd love to see Arkham Lost done up in 2nd edition.
            Holy crap, I'd forgotten this thread existed! I'm glad you like my work. As for a 2e update, it'd take some doing due to the Seasonal Courta no longer being the default, but it could be fun!

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post

Holy crap, I'd forgotten this thread existed! I'm glad you like my work. As for a 2e update, it'd take some doing due to the Seasonal Courta no longer being the default, but it could be fun!

Definitely very cool possibilities for Courts now! I'd love to use this as the basis for my own campaign once 2nd is released, so if you need help with anything to get the process jump-started, let me know.

Comment

Pulling a Herbert West here, but the thought of Yithians as the Gentry just crossed my mind and it is too perfect not to bring up.

CofD booklists:
                Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

Once Again, IT LIVES.........

Was wondering there, atamajakki, whether you have had any success with a new freehold court system for Arkham.

Thanks

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary. - James. D. Nicoll

Comment

Working...
                  X