Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"How much is that unicorn on the window?" (The Think Of A Goblin Market Cost Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "How much is that unicorn on the window?" (The Think Of A Goblin Market Cost Thread)

It's simple: say what you think the product in the previous post would probably cost in a Goblin Market, and leave e suggestion for a product. The following person does the same. By cost I mean what you pay up front to buy it and any potential side effects.

I'll start: a straight up unicorn. It has the following characterisitcs:

1) Speech.
    2) Levitation.
    3) Two Masks: one of a man, and one of a normal horse.
    4) All clauses of Eternal Summer, Eternal Spring, Chirurgery, Vainglory, Separation and Stone.
    5) It is a True Fae Actor that was disconnected from its master and took on enough of its own identity to raise Wyrd without Titles. Its Wyrd is 7.
    6) It belongs to the Fairest Seeming. It possesses the Draconic/Runnerswift/Chirurgeon Kiths.
    7) A Fae Aspect that grants telekinesis.
    8) The "Immortal Flesh" and the "Ruled By Passion" Fae Aspects. Virtue is Charity and Vice is Pride.
    9) The Lethal Mien, Holistic Awareness and Faerie Healing Merits, plus any other Merits that you think would fit a unicorn.
    Last edited by GibberingEloquence; 12-28-2014, 09:57 AM.

Let Him Speak.

Who much for the Unicorn? The life you could have had if you chose to walk down a different path. (You must kidnap yourself from an alternate reality and sell that version of yourself to purchase the Unicorn from the Goblin Merchant.)

Next up for auction: A bottle of liquid sunlight captured and stored away when the sun was born.(A vague curiosity indeed except when dealing with the cursed undead and Gentry who made Pledges to never be touched by the rays of the sun again.)

Comment

Originally posted by Dusksage View Post
      Who much for the Unicorn? The life you could have had if you chose to walk down a different path. (You must kidnap yourself from an alternate reality and sell that version of yourself to purchase the Unicorn from the Goblin Merchant.)

Next up for auction: A bottle of liquid sunlight captured and stored away when the sun was born.(A vague curiosity indeed except when dealing with the cursed undead and Gentry who made Pledges to never be touched by the rays of the sun again.)
      To purchase the bottle of sunlight you must give up your ability to feel physically comfortable. In the heat, no amount of air conditioning or cool drink can cause you to feel anything but hot and sticky. In the cold, even the warmest fire cannot stave off the chill. Every bed is lumpy and every chair feels like sitting on the hard floor (-1 to rolls involving Resolve or Composure). This discomfort lasts until the sunlight in the bottle is all poured out, or a year and a day passes, whichever is longer.

---

The Goblin merchant is selling a collection of 6 fresh, plump, seedless blueberries. He claims 5 of the 6 berries have miraculous healing properties when eaten (consuming one berry removes all damage from the rightmost health box with damage in it). The sixth gives the eater a brief glimpse of the future, but at a cost (the eater enters a catatonic state for one scene, but he gains the benefit of a vision of the future equivalent to the Omen three-dot contract "Reading the Portents"). It is impossible to tell which berries are which. What does the merchant ask in return for these berries?

My W20 Play-by-Post Game

Comment

Your hands. He wants both of them.

---

How much do you think Your Beloved's Yesterday goes for? How about yours?

I have decided, after some thought, that I don't really feel happy on these forums. I might decide to come back to post. Who knows - but right now, I'm gone.

So good bye, good luck, and have a nice day.

Comment

By Beloved's Yesterday? Goes for my single most cherished moment in time. My Yesterday? A single bag of popcorn that doesn't have any unpopped kernels.

Oh, this next one's a real steal. One police grade pistol that has never been used for any purpose other than for good (A pistol that does aggravated damage to creatures without any form of Integrity score of one of 0 but at the cost that the attack roll will fail unless the Wyrd...caughSTORYTELLER..deems the act in the interest of universal good.)

Comment

Originally posted by Dusksage View Post
            Oh, this next one's a real steal. One police grade pistol that has never been used for any purpose other than for good (A pistol that does aggravated damage to creatures without any form of Integrity score of one of 0 but at the cost that the attack roll will fail unless the Wyrd...caughSTORYTELLER..deems the act in the interest of universal good.)
            For this the Goblin Merchant wants the original copy of a signed and executed pardon for a murderer or other death row inmate who was definitely guilty of the crime was convicted of committing. The pardon can't be more than 10 years old.

---

A jar filled with orange bees sits on the shelf of the Merchant's stall. She claims that, if released, the bees will build a hive that produces a honey so sweet that it can be bartered to the True Fae in return for a captive, or to keep them from kidnapping the owner back to Arcadia.

My W20 Play-by-Post Game

Comment

The cost, obviously, is someone beloved that you feel fit to replace a captive you are bringing back. If not that? Someone you love dearly, and I mean dearly, who can take your place in Arcadia if the Gentry come a-knocking.

Ooh, look at this: a pair of flesh-eating horses. Like the beasts of Greek legend, they will tear into anyone thrown at their feet, and are as swift as a lightning bolt and ferocious as a tiger. They feel no fear, and their hooves strike true whenever a briarwolf tries to snap at their heels. The only drawback is that they get stronger when they're hungry, and if left to starve, can literally break down walls to get a meal....

Comment

Flesh eating horses like from the Greek Mythg? I'll take em for a single box of Thin Mint Girlscout Cookies, or for a pair of canine teeth from an Elder Vampire from the Polis Erebus.

Now what's this? An original copy of the House of Leaves...that serves as a portal to the actual growing rooms from the story? (A book that both serves as a map and unique key to a unique Hollow that may or may not be alive/inhabited by a horrific creature/cause those who come into contact with it to slowly lose Clarity.)

Comment

I'll swap it for an ashcan copy of the Codex Seraphinianus, with the footnotes (if you know what I mean.)

But here, my friend, I have an IOU for peace-of-mind from The Kindly Lady of Flowers; buy it, and anyone that tries to find you when you don't want to be found... well, they don't.

I have decided, after some thought, that I don't really feel happy on these forums. I might decide to come back to post. Who knows - but right now, I'm gone.

So good bye, good luck, and have a nice day.

Comment

I'd say it'll go for the left sneaker of a 16 year old grandfather (Thanks you so very much time travel & leap year.)

Now how about this nifty trinket? A bathrobe that make it's wearer the desire of any and all onlookers. (While wearing the robe the person gains a combination of Fleeting Spring and Striking Looks.)
                    Last edited by Dusksage; 01-05-2015, 06:42 PM. Reason: Spell check.

Comment

A copy of every single back issue of the Playboy magazine, in mint condition, sounds like a fair price.

But see, here! I have here a bottle ofNothing! Special Nothing, that spreads wherever you pour it! A bargain at the price!

Comment

I'll trade it for my pet fox that's so cunning that none alive can track it...now if only I could remember where I left him.

Ah, now this is a rare find! A plain old ordinary copper neckless with no supernatural qualities what so ever. Yes quite old and ordinary, just a present that was once given to an ordinary actress named Marilyn Monroe.

Comment

$12.95 and some belly button lint... from the belly button of Lee Harvey Oswald.

--

Here we have an old bottle, empty of wine, nothing much to look at. The merchant claims it's a dream vessel containing the last earthly dream of an Exarch. What's an Exarch? Some big muckety muck witch or somethin', he's not exactly sure.

My W20 Play-by-Post Game

Comment

I'd buy that for a dollar, a specific dollar that has George Washington's eyes and the All Seeing Eye on the back all closed. As if they blinked when the artist was drawing their portrait.

Next up, an iron key with the depiction of a weeping woman on the end. The Goblin Merchant claims that it can open any locked door, but where that unlocked door leads is anyone's guess. His words, not mine (A key that turns any door unlocked by it into a portal to...somewhere. Arcadia? The Underworld? Somewhere stranger? Only the Wyrd..STORYTELLEACHOH.."sniff" sorry about that, knows.)

Comment

For the weeping woman key, the price is a doorknob taken from the front door of a Gentry's Hollow, while the Gentry is inside.

Next up, a fishing rod that always catches a fish within one hour of being used. It also works as a sort of gambling device: you can use items of both monetary and emotional value as bait. As the value of the bait increases, so do the values of the rewards and probability of getting them. Example: with a ten dollar bill you have a 30% chance of getting boots, but with a 100 dollar bill you have a 90% chance of getting boots and a 10% chance of getting a gold ring.
                              Last edited by GibberingEloquence; 01-06-2015, 08:56 PM.

Let Him Speak.

Comment

Working...
                              X