Can humans touch antlers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or maybe not even that.

Depends on how much of the Wyrd is flowing through you. At low Wyrd, you look like mostly you, only accounting for the very dire images. In the case of antlers, it won't even register.

At High Wyrd, well, the latter is more likely, but never deny the possibility of the former.

You are a water balloon waiting to burst, after all.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

Lost on last topic page, bring here to easy conversation.
      Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
      So, in easy comparison - this in Mien...

Humans see in Mask as this...

Or this...

???

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ through Ages
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Yeah, the whole body sculpting thing could be an easy way to explain the features. Strange, though it may be.

Of course, you'd have to find some way to convince people why there's a massive convention of body sculptures year round!

Comment

I don't think the Mask would make people that conspicuous as a general rule, though I'm also sure some exceptions apply (especially with Striking Looks or a Condition to back it up).

Comment

I forgot, do the Lost know what their mask looks like automatically, or do they have to figure that out on their own?

Comment

They can strengthen it so it works on changelings and then look in a mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowstripe View Post
                In regards to the medical care and Changelings... it is very rare for a Changeling to have an anatomy so different as to give a penalty to a doctor trying to treat them. Their internal organs may no longer be what they once were (a Manikin may now have a clockwork heart that ticks like a heartbeat), but to a mortal doctor they are still identified as what they should be. A Woodblood may have bark-like skin, but all the surgeon preforming an operation on him would notice is that his skin seems a little tougher or more fibrous than normal... but not enough for him to suddenly say "this guy can't be human!"
                Except, again, according to the books, changelings are completely unchanged genetically, with those changelings who do have kids have absolutely human kids, and that vampires can drink changeling blood, the rule isn't "if the changeling would have blood," changelings are subject to diseases.

So a vampire can drink woodblood, a fireheart can birth to a completely organic baby after 9 months, a manikin can catch a cold.

When was the last time you gave your cell phone a cold? How exactly can a baby survive in a humanoid volcano? Do you know many trees that bleed?

So the mask is fake, except when it comes to blood, reproduction, dna, parasites, bacteria, viruses, genetic conditions..... Uh huh, yeah and maybe someone has a bridge in brooklyn to sell me.

Comment

Originally posted by StSword View Post

Except, again, according to the books, changelings are completely unchanged genetically, with those changelings who do have kids have absolutely human kids, and that vampires can drink changeling blood, the rule isn't "if the changeling would have blood," changelings are subject to diseases.

So a vampire can drink woodblood, a fireheart can birth to a completely organic baby after 9 months, a manikin can catch a cold.

When was the last time you gave your cell phone a cold? How exactly can a baby survive in a humanoid volcano? Do you know many trees that bleed?

So the mask is fake, except when it comes to blood, reproduction, dna, parasites, bacteria, viruses, genetic conditions..... Uh huh, yeah and maybe someone has a bridge in brooklyn to sell me.
                  Semi-Relevant Dialogue from an old game:

Storyteller: So you step out of your ramshackle house into the winter night, shivering under the thorny black sky. Did you have a particular-
                  Arcane:Wait, wait, wait, why am I cold? My head is literally on fire. I am still burning from the last time I got thrown into the bonfire in Arcadia. I shouldn't be cold.
                  Storyteller: Congratulations, you have discovered how much your Keeper was a dick.
                  Last edited by ArcaneArts; 03-25-2015, 11:46 AM.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)

Comment

I wouldn't even go so far as making the Keeper a dick. The books are clear that during their stay in Arcadia the Changelings were litterally centipeds, birds, flame, but that part of getting back is finding their humanity and changing their bodies to such an extend that they become human again. Those flaming hair don't burn anymore, because the normal world cannot have flames without fuel. In the end, unless your kith, contracts and merrits make it so, the mien is more a scar than a real thing.

Comment

You know that thing where players have conversations for fun mid-game?

This was that.

Comment

Whoa, whoa. Whoa. Socializing during a game you are playing with friends for fun? No bueno. What if someone misinterpreted the situation and thought the Keeper was an actual phallus (which is entirely possible). Suddenly the story becomes about the Fireheart, the Keeper's gonorrhea who found its way home. While that certainly opens up the story of seeking out the rubber elemental who probably escaped first, I don't think the player would take kindly to that sort of editing of their character. It's the ST's responsibility to treat all of their tools with dignity and the seriousness it deserves--especially the words out of their mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulGambit View Post
                          It's the ST's responsibility to treat all of their tools with dignity and the seriousness it deserves...
                          Wait... So he/she needs to treat the Dick Keeper with dignity?

Now I'm confused.

Comment

The ST should treat their Dick Keeper with the exact level of dignity and seriousness it deserves, yes.

Comment

Working...
                            X