No announcement yet.

Music of Lost

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So yeah, I just found out that Iron Maiden is strangely fitting for Lost!

Dream of Mirrors

Best of the Beast (Album)

Comment

I second Poets Of The Fall, Nox Arcana, Nightwish, Pan's Labyrinth, Nightmare Before Christmas and Queen II.

Several songs by Creature Feature have a spooky vibe that reminds me of me darker parts of Changeling. "The Unearthly Ones" and "The Greatest Show Unearthed" sound like they're being sung by the Gentry, for example.

Skillet has some powerful lyrics that are fitting for those moments that changelings share. "Awake And Alive" is like a skyward scream of Agency and Hope, while "Falling Inside The Black" is a reminder of the lives that were taken from them and all the sorrow that comes with that loss.

"Forevermore", "Cinnamon Girl" and "I Would Anything For Love" all remind me of the "Heart's Oath" Pledge that changelings in love swear to one another.

In contrast to those three love songs, there's "Stuck With You", "I Hate Everything About You" and "Taste The Flesh" are closer to the questionable relationships that many changelings get themselves into.

Dvar is a really weird band that I can't even categorize, and all their songs are in a made up language that sounds like it came from hobgoblins or a dream. "Iih Rah" brings to mind a changeling being chased through the Hedge by many tribal hobgoblins. Try listening to their songs with your eyes closed and imagining scenes in the dreamscape that fit them, it's almost like the band was made for that sort of thing.

More songs in the next post...

"Fate is a cruel jester with a finely developed sense of irony." - Sir Night as portrayed by Leliel, The Horror Recognition Guide

Comment

Enya has lots of beautiful songs, but the one that sticks out for me is "Long Long Journey", which speaks for itself.

"Aquarium" has a whimsical air to it that makes me imagine the more pleasant yet mysterious parts of the Hedge, with pixies flying about.

Gheorghe Zamfir's way of playing the pan flute is really good for setting up that mystical forest atmosphere. I especially like "El Condor Pasa".

"Come Little Children" is a Gentry using enchantment to lure its victims away.

"Once Upon A December" becomes rather creepy if you think of it as a changeling feeling nostalgia for the wondrous parts of their Durance.

Castlevania OSTs work excellently as well. My favorite OST is easily the one from Lament Of Innocence, which includes "House Of Sacred Remains" and "Ghostly Theatre".

The same can be said for Shadow Of The Colossus OST, which deserves a trophy. The songs for the overworld fit nicely during an exploration or flashbacks, while the epic songs for the Colossi themselves make me feel ready to take on the True Fae.
        Last edited by GibberingEloquence; 05-30-2016, 01:33 PM.

"Fate is a cruel jester with a finely developed sense of irony." - Sir Night as portrayed by Leliel, The Horror Recognition Guide

Comment

I leave it up to you whether these songs belong.

Actually, given her background, anything by Emilie Autumn.

I have decided, after some thought, that I don't really feel happy on these forums. I might decide to come back to post. Who knows - but right now, I'm gone.

So good bye, good luck, and have a nice day.

Comment

That's all I have... for now.

I have decided, after some thought, that I don't really feel happy on these forums. I might decide to come back to post. Who knows - but right now, I'm gone.

Comment

Poison by Alice Cooper for a Fairest Venombite/Flamesiren

Comment

Not sure if anybody's posted this one yet.

Comment

Glen Porter - If You Ask Nicely, She'll Show You Her Scars
                  m83 - Car Chase Terror
                  Ray Davies - No One Listens
                  They Might Be Giants - 2082

Comment

So I've recently discovered Heather Dale who appears to sing a little celtic sounding stuff. Figured it might go well with Changeling.

Last edited by Nyrufa; 09-17-2016, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Upside Down - Miracle of Sound

Comment

Genius templates (for Demon: the Descent)

Rakshasa: the Kingdom (Featuring the Extinction Chronicle) [WIP]

Comment

If its not been mentioned yet Cruxshadows - Winterborn
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVNjx4k8mWk

(dry your eyes, dry your eyes...)
                          Dry your eyes, and quietly bear this pain with pride:
                          For heaven shall remember the silent and the brave.
                          And promise me, they will never see the fear within our eyes:
                          We will give strength to those who still remain.
                          So bury fear, for fate draws near, and hide the signs of pain:
                          With noble acts the bravest souls endure the heart's remains.
                          Discard regret, that in this debt, a better world is made:
                          That children of a newer day might remember, and avoid our fate.
                          And in the fury of this darkest hour, we will be your light:
                          You've asked me for my sacrifice, and I am Winterborn.
                          Without denying, a faith is come, that I have never known:
                          I hear the angels call my name, and I am Winterborn.
                          Hold your head up high; for there is no greater love:
                          Think of the faces of the people you defend (you defend).
                          And promise me, they will never see, the tears within our eyes(my eyes are closed)
                          Although we are men, with mortal sins, angels never cry.
                          So bury fear, for fate draws near, and hide the signs of pain:
                          With noble acts, the bravest souls endure the heart's remains.
                          Discard regret, that in this debt, a better world is made:
                          That children of a newer day might remember, and avoid our fate...
                          (prepare for battle)
                          And in the fury of this darkest hour, we will be your light:
                          Without denying a faith in God, that I have never known:
                          And in the fury of this darkest hour, I will be your light:
                          A lifetime for this destiny, for I am Winterborn.
                          And in this moment I will not run, it is my place to standWe few shall carry hope, within our bloodied hands...
                          (bloodied hands)
                          And in our dying we're more alive, than we have ever been:I've lived for these few seconds, For I am Winterborn.
                          And in the fury of this darkest hour, we will be the light:
                          Without denying a faith in man, that I have never known:
                          Within this moment, I am for you, though better men have failed:I will give my life for love, For I am Winterborn.
                          And in my dying, I'm more alive than I have ever been:
                          I will make this sacrifice, For I am Winterborn.

Comment

I have a playlist of Changeling-related songs on Spotify here.

EDIT: Youtube links for those without Spotify:

"Sit Down By the Fire," The Pogues
                            "The Wheel," PJ Harvey
                            "By the Rivers Dark," Leonard Cohen
                            "Sweet Sweet," Smashing Pumpkins
                            "Remember the Tin Man," Tracy Chapman
                            "Come Alive (War of the Roses,)" Janelle Monae
                            "Control," Poe
                            "Time," Sarah McLachlan
                            "You Never Get What You Want," Patty Griffin
                            "Never Quite Free," The Mountain Goats
                            Last edited by DSPaul; 12-22-2017, 12:12 AM.

Comment

The angelic voice of Loreena McKeenit singing the Stolen Chidl poem by a little known poet called "Yates." LD There's the sound of barking dogs in the beginning which reminds me of one of the kidnapping scenerios mentioned in the core book.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izYzuG0Vh2k

And of course who can forget one Andrew Loyd Webber's Masquerade which seems to me to represent the hidden life of the Changlings and how they might react if one of their keepers show up.
                              https://youtu.be/94IJcPRunUo?t=2m16s

Comment

Working...
                              X