"Huh, I'd like to meet his tailor..."

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Huh, I'd like to meet his tailor..."

It seems like having certain traits in one's mien should require specially made clothes. Horns can be found in every seeming and several kiths, which might hinder wearing a hat, the cat-girl's tail must make shopping for pants awkward, and the Razorhands kith in particular may prove fatal to all but the sturdiest of gloves. And were these unfortunates were to make alterations, or perhaps simply take a pair of scissors to the relevant garment, would the mask cover for this necessity?

I'm uncertain as to the answer, but I'm inclined to say no. But hedge-spun clothing probably would, and may not need alterations to fit, creating even more incentive for changelings to own a good hedge-spun outfit.

If I were more knowledgeable in mechanics, I may have written an entitlement of tailors who do that sort of thing in-between the magnificent suits and ballgowns of spring, the stylish yet protective leather jackets of summer, fall scarves that flutter in an unearthly breeze, and the warm but drab garb of winter. Something of a take on Cinderella's fairy godmother.

So, is there something in the books that says otherwise, am I simply over-analyzing things, or is there really a niche for such tailors to the lost?

Currently Playing: A large, mixed splat game of CofD. As: Seraph du Salomon, Voice on the concordance. Unsubtle man reluctantly participating in the business of Magi. Awakening 2E homebrew http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...=1569864567692

Yeah, people'll notice a hole in your pants unless it's Hedgespun. And yes, tailors are much needed.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

It is interesting, a character concept for a Lost game I had was a Wizened (Crafter? Book is not in front of me) who was designed as a Tailor that everyone would want him to make formal clothing for them. He would set up house calls and create magnificent attire for everyone. This gave him ample opportunity to spy on people and do the occasional assassination.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
        Yeah, people'll notice a hole in your pants unless it's Hedgespun. And yes, tailors are much needed.
        ^This.

If you're making a tailor character, you should definitely consider taking Brownie's Boon (Rites of Spring p. 88) and Token Maker (Rites of Spring p. 150). With Brownie's Boon, your Crafts rolls take half as long. Token Master would let you create Hedgespun that does more than look neat or provide armor. You'll also want to invest some dots in Hollow, since Hedgespun has to be made in the Hedge. A tailor like that could do very well for themselves, I believe.

I think, when dealing with normal clothes, most Changelings would just opt for working around their extra appendages and protrusions. A winged lost might wear a lot of backless dresses, the catgirl might wear a lot of short skirts or scandalously low hip-huggers, the horned Changeling just doesn't wear hats, and so on and so forth. But having some specially made Hedgespun would certainly be nice. I mean, I'm sure that catgirl would like to wear normal pants sometimes.

Comment

Tailors would be much needed and welcome in Changeling communities. I had not really thought about it but you are right. I will be correcting this oversight in my game.

Onyx Path Moderator
          Forum Rules
          This is my mod voice. This is my goth voice.
          [Geist: Balance of Shadows ][ Vampire: The Conspiracy of Hrad Černá Hora ][ Scion: Bohemian Front][Changeling: Malibu Dream House] [Demon: Night Train Detective Agency] [WoD: The Golden Eagle]

Comment

And now I have an idea for my crossover Chronicle. Thanks!

the catgirl might wear a lot of short skirts

And probably contribute to the current prevalence of women in short skirts "going commando."

My Geist GMC Updates
            My Infinite Macabre Goodies
            Parasite Eve: The Third Birthday Chronicle
            Shamelessly pimping my book

Comment

"From now on, all female officers will wear! TINY MINISKIRTS!", in essence?

EDIT: Or I could just go to the source.

Last edited by ArcaneArts; 05-10-2015, 12:46 PM.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
              The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
              Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

I keep thinking back to the entitlement I mentioned not having the skills to write. Any ideas/suggestions on a name for them?

Currently Playing: A large, mixed splat game of CofD. As: Seraph du Salomon, Voice on the concordance. Unsubtle man reluctantly participating in the business of Magi. Awakening 2E homebrew http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...=1569864567692

Comment

Call them Voivodes in Vogue or Viscounts in Vogue

“There are no rules. Only Principles and natural laws.” - Promethius
                  My Homebrew no longer fits in a signature, you can find an index of it here.
                  Full length fan-books I contributed too: Princess: the Hopeful, Leviathan: the Tempest, Dream Catchers

Comment

Flame Elementals? I feel like they would HAVE to wear Hedgespun clothes, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by HotChepSoot View Post
                      About that…
                      Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                      Semi-Relevant Dialogue from an old game:

Storyteller: So you step out of your ramshackle house into the winter night, shivering under the thorny black sky. Did you have a particular-
                      Arcane:Wait, wait, wait, why am I cold? My head is literally on fire. I am still burning from the last time I got thrown into the bonfire in Arcadia. I shouldn't be cold.
                      Storyteller: Congratulations, you have discovered how much your Keeper was a dick.

Resident Lore-Hound
                      Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

Originally posted by HotChepSoot View Post
                        Except for the fact that a flame elemental doesn't set things on fire by their mere touch, or set off fire alarms by their mere presence, just as ice elementals don't melt into puddles at room temperature, and a changeling made out of light isn't intangible and not only doesn't move at the speed of light but might not be able to outrun a car.

Comment

Working...
                        X