Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you recommend any good Changeling fanfiction?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super_Dave
    started a topic Can you recommend any good Changeling fanfiction?

Can you recommend any good Changeling fanfiction?

A friend of mine will be joining our troupe soon; she's never played Changeling before, or any World of Darkness game. She's read the main CtL sourcebook, but she's still not quite sure how to take her first steps into the game. She says she's the kind of person who really needs to see how a stories play out in a universe before she can really understand how it works

So, which Changeling: The Lost fanfic(s) would you recommend to help a new player get a feel for the game? This isn't so much a request for inspirational media (she's already read Neverwhere, etc.), but rather a request for stories, comics, short films, and other media which are actually set in the Changeling: The Lost universe.

• Leliel
    replied
    More recently, somebody's made a Dragon Age/Changeling cross.

Fair warning, there's pretty big spoilers as to the real identity of a certain party member in the first chapter. It's one of the fic's premises, in fact.

Leave a comment:

• Nyrufa
    replied
    Originally posted by Super_Dave View Post
    A friend of mine will be joining our troupe soon; she's never played Changeling before, or any World of Darkness game. She's read the main CtL sourcebook, but she's still not quite sure how to take her first steps into the game. She says she's the kind of person who really needs to see how a stories play out in a universe before she can really understand how it works

So, which Changeling: The Lost fanfic(s) would you recommend to help a new player get a feel for the game? This isn't so much a request for inspirational media (she's already read Neverwhere, etc.), but rather a request for stories, comics, short films, and other media which are actually set in the Changeling: The Lost universe.

I started work on a Friendship is Magic cross over with Changeling, but I guess I kind of gave up on the idea.

The Keeper was Discord, and cutie marks were actually seared into the flesh with hot branding irons. Zecorra was a flesh eating witch in the forest, and the crystal mirror was the entrance to the hedge.

Leave a comment:

• ZealousChristian24
    replied
    Originally posted by Leliel View Post
    Huh. I wondered if that was you...

Leave a comment:

• Leliel
    replied
    Okay then:

Fanfiction version...

Archive of Our Own...

For forum fans, here's SpaceBattles...

And its sister site, Sufficient Velocity.

I would put the DeviantART version here too, but those links are higher quality-I am not friends with Sta.sh.

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    Sure, share a link.

I don't hang out at traditional fanfic sites but the lit sites I do check out really don't have much in the way of World of Darkness. There's a few classic World stories but not even many of those.

Leave a comment:

• Leliel
    replied
    Well, I've been making a fanfic of my own. It's a Gravity Falls/Changeling cross (with, spoilers. some Hunter characters) that I'm aiming to show what it's like for mortals to draw the attentions of a True Fae and having to match wits with a paranoid Court.

I think it's against ethics to toot my own horn without permission, so does anyone want a link?

Leave a comment:

• Baroness Nerak
    replied
    I love Changeling: The Dreaming, but it is not a great source for wrapping your brain around Lost. Now, I HAVE imported characters from Dreaming and tweaked them into Lost, but for learning the setting I don't recommend it.

Leave a comment:

• Super_Dave
    replied
    These are all excellent suggestions; thank you so much!

The only one I've been able to read in its entirety is "A Changeling Merges With Her Fetch". The others are kind of longer-format works, but I'll definitely check them out and pass them along to my friend.

What about comics? I know that there's a Changeling: The Dreaming comic called Chrysalis, but I've only read the first few pages; it seems interesting, but it's definitely a very different world (and a different era) from Changeling: The Lost.

Leave a comment:

• MrBreaksIt
    replied
    Well, there is this: A Changeling Merges With Her Fetch. It's apparently a crossover with Worm, but I've never read that and I could follow it well enough, so...

Leave a comment:

• milo v3
    replied
    Pact has a great example of a character who has to undergo a durance and comes out as an elemental seeming changeling. It also has a heavy focus on holding your oaths and a natural force similar to the Wyrd manipulating events punishing people for breaking their vows and oaths that follows symbolism and tropes. But, it isn't technically changeling fan fiction, so it might not meet your requirements.
    Last edited by milo v3; 12-02-2015, 10:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Baroness Nerak
    replied
    Part of why I do my APs is to give people something to read about the game. So feel free to send her over there to Vent0's link. Only issue really is I don't necessarily explain every little thing, like defining terminology, though some sort of defines itself. And she (or you) can ask questions in the thread if needed. So yea, I recommend Malibu Dream House.

She won't be starved for reading material in the near future.

ETA: I will also note 3/7 PCs in The Golden Eagle are Changelings, including two perspective characters, but the game is not on the whole Changeling centric, so I recommend Malibu Dream House more. Still, it is there if you want more Changeling in the wider WoD.
    Last edited by Baroness Nerak; 12-02-2015, 04:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Vent0
    replied
    Recommendation: Check out the Actual Plays here on the forum. Malibu Dream House is a currently active one. There are others as well (in various states of information and completion).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X