Meet The Huntsmen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
    Só if the huntsmen are made of 4 components,the Spirit,the breath of An Stranger,the Arcádian material,which is the fourth one?
    A piece of the changeling they're intended to hunt, I presume?

Comment

• If we go by the elemental theme, something liquid. Perhaps the emblem used to create the Huntsmen bleeds or weeps? Unless the Spirit stands for water instead of fire, and the emblem "glows" with the warmth of the changeling's stolen innocence.

My homebrew hub.

Comment

• The fourth part is the human they murder entering the human world.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
        Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
          The fourth part is the human they murder entering the human world.
          Neat! K,now i propose a game of seeing what would eb the materials to create Famous people if Famous people were huntsmen

M. Night Shamylan,created by the spirit of the Hunts that just doesnt make sense,Has the Breath of the King of Pretentiounness,he's made of coffe beans and really sour chocolate,he killed mark walberg
          Kim Kardashia,Spirit of those who hunt attention,Breath of Ancient lady of reality tv,Made of Botox and Tears,she killed ray j
          Donald Trump,Spirit of Hunting everyone who isnt white,Breath of the Foules Republican of Faerie,He's made of sour milk and Sweat,He Killed his first wife

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post

Neat! K,now i propose a game of seeing what would eb the materials to create Famous people if Famous people were huntsmen

[cut for soul-corrosion]

Resident Lore-Hound
            Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

• Originally posted by Satchel View Post

are you asking if am a foxy person,because i am

Comment

• Yeah, Changeling's Arcadia is not Mage Arcadia; the Fae Acanthus mages summon and deal with are not the Gentry, just like the Beasts Thyrsus summon aren't Begotten, and the Demons Mastigos summon aren't Unchained. Changeling was the only game that teased such a connection (absent throwaway bits of Geist, which are also being chucked) and I'm cutting it off.

For now, Mage is written from the hard angle that Changeling The Lost doesn't exist - the Hedge is absent in our grand tour of the otherworlds, while the Underworld, Shadow, Astral, and Lower Depths are all in. Once people (including several writers) get it into their heads that the cosmologies are seperate, we might talk about the Hedge for a bit in a future book.

But for the time being, no.

Dave Brookshaw

Comment

• Are you sure that's going to work? People might get the impression that you didn't mention Faerie because it would have been redundant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post
                    Once people (including several writers) get it into their heads that the cosmologies are seperate, we might talk about the Hedge for a bit in a future book. But for the time being, no.
                    Really? I mean, I agree that the Hedge is not worth covering in Mage, but you're giving the impression that you're altering development of the line to win an argument on the internet.

Comment

Yeah, Changeling's Arcadia is not Mage Arcadia; the Fae Acanthus mages summon and deal with are not the Gentry, just like the Beasts Thyrsus summon aren't Begotten, and the Demons Mastigos summon aren't Unchained. Changeling was the only game that teased such a connection (absent throwaway bits of Geist, which are also being chucked) and I'm cutting it off.

For now, Mage is written from the hard angle that Changeling The Lost doesn't exist - the Hedge is absent in our grand tour of the otherworlds, while the Underworld, Shadow, Astral, and Lower Depths are all in. Once people (including several writers) get it into their heads that the cosmologies are seperate, we might talk about the Hedge for a bit in a future book.

Several thousand thanks for this. The Acanthus write-up mislead me; I'm very, very glad that the canon* explanation says those places are separate. (I'm guessing this discussion already happened two years ago on the Mage sub-board when this came out, but thanks for re-clarifying.)

I worry a little that not mentioning the Hedge or Lost!Arcadia at all might be read as tacit assumption that the Arcadias are the same, but including a short sidebar of "hey guys these aren't the same thing" would break your "doesn't exist" rule above. Not sure which would be the better way to go.

*As much as the World of Darkness has a canon, anyway.

Comment

• Yeah - the Acanthus preview was of its first draft, and my redlines consisted of "you have gotten Changeling: The Lost all over this". The finished one is much less Changelingish.

Mage Arcadia is the Lunargent Thorn - when Mage talks about The Thorns in Acanthus' Mage Sight, it's describing mirror-reflective cracks in reality that are how Acanthus process branching timelines into their supernal senses. It looks like the timelines in Donnie Darko, the cracks in Doctor Who, the Shrike in Hyperion. It's not the Hedge.

They're called the Thorns because they're spikey, not because they look like the briar-maze from Sleeping Beauty.

Dave Brookshaw

Comment

Yeah, Changeling's Arcadia is not Mage Arcadia; the Fae Acanthus mages summon and deal with are not the Gentry, just like the Beasts Thyrsus summon aren't Begotten, and the Demons Mastigos summon aren't Unchained. Changeling was the only game that teased such a connection (absent throwaway bits of Geist, which are also being chucked) and I'm cutting it off.

I'm fine with there being different beings with the same name. We have the Demons of the Abyss, we have the Magtigos Demons, and then we have the Fallen Angels of the godmachine which are also called Demons. However, the lack of exploration of the Hedge seems like a very obvious omission. I still think that it should be included, because there needs to be a postulate of some sort regarding it or you cannot really build off of it.

Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post
                          Yeah - the Acanthus preview was of its first draft, and my redlines consisted of "you have gotten Changeling: The Lost all over this". The finished one is much less Changelingish.

Mage Arcadia is the Lunargent Thorn - when Mage talks about The Thorns in Acanthus' Mage Sight, it's describing mirror-reflective cracks in reality that are how Acanthus process branching timelines into their supernal senses. It looks like the timelines in Donnie Darko, the cracks in Doctor Who, the Shrike in Hyperion. It's not the Hedge.

They're called the Thorns because they're spikey, not because they look like the briar-maze from Sleeping Beauty.
                          I noticed that the preview for the Acanthus definitely sounded like a Mage describing Fae Arcadia, rather than the Entities of Time and Fate that exist within the Supernal Arcadia. Personally speaking here, I'd rather that just become the description of the Fae Arcadia rather than Arcadia just being striked from the record books entirely and leaving no foundation for crossovers between Changeling and Mage. Might it be an idea to have Mages call the Fae Arcadia something else? That way one can tell if they're talking about the Lunargent Thorn or the Plane that the Gentry exist on without having to head it with a qualifying term.

Comment

• Reshy, your post boils down to, "I'm fine with beings having the same name, but I'm not fine with places having the same name."

I call the Integrity-analogue the "subjective stat".
                            An explanation how to use Social Manuevering.
                            Guanxi Explanations: 1, 2, 3.

Comment

• I a way, yes. Demon is a term and Arcadia is a name. That's what I believe causes the problem.

Comment

• Remember the "Call The Wild Hunt" and "Lost And Found" Goblin Contracts from the 1ED Core? Does the former summon actual Huntsmen in 2ED, and can the latter help you escape Huntsmen for a time?

Let Him Speak.

Comment

Working...
                                X