Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2E Playtest Compilation (now with Pledges and Huntsmen)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh I understand. It will likely get fixed during the errata pass.

Comment

Is the 2e core rule of everything costing 2 xp per dot not in play here? I saw stuff costing 5xp

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
        Is the 2e core rule of everything costing 2 xp per dot not in play here?
        That's a rule?

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
          That's a rule?

I thought it was? I am confus'ed muchly

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Merits are 1 per dot in all the games and attributes are 4.

Only two things in the Mage 2e chart cost 2 Experiences: Skills and Wisdom. Arcanum are 4 or 5 depending on other things. Gnosis is 5.

I don't think I need to look up other games to add but actually very little costs 2 across the board.

Comment

No, lots of things cost more or less than 2 Experiences per dot. There is a rule that Experience costs always scale linearly and not exponentially - that is to say, each dot of something always costs the same amount. The first dot in a Skill and the fifth dot in a Skill both cost 2 Experiences, just like the first dot in a Merit and the fifth dot in a Merit both cost 1 Experience. This is in contrast to 1st Edition, where costs scaled "times new dot", so the first dot in a skill cost 3 experience points and the fifth dot in a skill cost 15 experience points.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Soooo just would like a clarification for Huntsmen: how do you give them Dread Powers? Are they bought with Willpower? Do they have a specific number to pick like with Numen for Ephemeral beings? Or do they just have all the Dread Powers at the same time? It's not specified here.

Comment

Working...
                X