Changeling Kiths (2E)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changeling Kiths (2E)

Here are some conversions of several kiths from both the 1E Changeling supplements (like Winter Masques and Night Horrors: Grim Fears) and the homebrew that's lying around at different parts of the net (such as the Goblin Chronicles). Critique is appreciated, and expect more additions to be made in the days to come. Credit goes to those whose own custom kiths are among these conversions.

I'm also adding in the House Rules I have for the canon 2E Kiths. Again, critique is appreciated.

HOUSE RULED KITHS

Author

Blessing: The Author can read and interpret anything in a mortal language, and never fails to tell or write a story, or carry out other wordy endeavors. She adds her Wyrd to such rolls, and automatically receives one success in addition to the roll results. If she is making a vocal Expression, Persuasion, or Subterfuge roll, she can spend Glamour to inflict the False Memories Condition on a number of people equal to her Wyrd.

Brewer

Blessing: The changeling gains three dots in the Witch's Brew Merit, and may spend a point of Glamour while touching up to Wyrd liters of a liquid to change it either into a potent alcohol or a poison. If it is an alcohol, it gains a Potency (see p. XX) equal to her Wyrd plus successes rolled on a Wits + Crafts roll. If it is a poison, its Potency is half that, rounded up.

Note: The Witch's Brew Merit can be found here.

Chimera

Blessing: She gains half her Wyrd to all social rolls when interacting with creatures from the Hedge. Also, she may spend a point of Glamour to apply the rote quality on a roll to resist or otherwise avoid any Contract or other supernatural effect targeting her.

Larcenist

Blessing: The Larcenist gains the Pusher Merit for free, and needs only three successes to score an exceptional success in a Larceny, Persuasion, or Subterfuge roll. If he spends a point of Glamour, he may add half his Wyrd to all such rolls for the scene.

Minstrel

Blessing: The Minstrel gains the three-dot version of Enchanting Performance, and opens additional doors equal to his Wyrd when he spends Glamour to activate Siren. Additionally, if he's making Expression rolls which involve singing or playing a musical instrument, he gains an Exceptional Success at three successes instead of five.

HOMEBREW KITHS

Last edited by Deionscribe; 10-15-2016, 10:26 PM.

"My Homebrew Hub"
    Age of Azar
    The Kingdom of Yamatai

The Romancer is still in, its just called Dearheart now. But your verison is cool too.

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
      The Romancer is still in, its just called Dearheart now. But your verison is cool too.
      I was under the impression that the Dearheart was for the Apsara and Incubus/Succubus kith. But still, glad to know you like my take on the Romancer.

"My Homebrew Hub"
      Age of Azar
      The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Take a look at the Wizened discription of the Dearheart, its the Romancer.

And the Apsara appears to be absent, but I personally would dump the Ogre description and replace with Apsara Elemental discription.

Comment

Take a look at the Wizened discription of the Dearheart, its the Romancer.

And the Apsara appears to be absent, but I personally would dump the Ogre description and replace with Apsara Elemental discription.
          Hmm. Noted.
          Still, I'll probably keep my take on the Romancer to work as a kith for spies, thieves, and very sociable characters.

"My Homebrew Hub"
          Age of Azar
          The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

I'd replace Bar Fly merit with Many Mask in your Romancer, it will better achieve effect your going for appearance wise.

Comment

Noted Will revise accordingly.

"My Homebrew Hub"
              Age of Azar
              The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Wizened berserker with a heart pping adrenaline instead of blood!

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                  Wizened berserker with a heart pping adrenaline instead of blood!
                  Hey, that's an awesome idea. How about this for a description?

Wizened: A steampunk construct whose hydraulic heart pumps adrenaline for blood.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                  Age of Azar
                  The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post

Hey, that's an awesome idea. How about this for a description?

Wizened: A steampunk construct whose hydraulic heart pumps adrenaline for blood.
                    Yaaaàaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas

Comment

Added in the Hearthweaver kith, and made some revisions to the Romancer. Critique is welcome.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                      Age of Azar
                      The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Need someone reliable to browse through the Goblin Market? Or perhaps you're in the mood for a character who can catch even other Lost with a sealed pledge. I got a couple of additions to the list which need both critique and some sample descriptions for a few of the Seemings.

Barrister
                        Arcadia runs on rules and laws, though these esoteric systems are created from whole cloth and known only to the True Fae. An inkling of this knowledge flows into the Barristers, who navigate the bizarre legalities of life in and beyond the Hedge with inhuman aplomb. As mortals, they may have defined their lives by a set of rules, or even possessed a knack for maneuvering through the system to get what they wanted.. Either way, it was only by knowing and exploiting the rules of Faerie that they survived long enough to flee via a loophole.

Blessing: Barristers gain the Bureaucratic Navigator Merit, and can perform Sealings on non-changelings at no cost. If he performs a Sealing on a fae creature, he may initiate a Clash of Wills to bind them without their knowledge. Both roll Wits + Wyrd, and the Huckster secretly places the seal if he scores more successes.

Huckster
                        Everything has a price, and that goes doubly so in the lands beyond the Thorns. Some Changelings were taken for their talent im bartering, buying, and more importantly, selling. They may have worked the goblin markets at their Master's behest, managed the appraisal and purchase of slaves, or just bargained every sunrise for another day of life. Those who manage to escape did so by cunning and guile, trapping their Keepers in bad deals or exploiting the fine print to force an opening.

Blessing: Hucksters are skilled brokers and businessmen, able to land good bargains (and weed out bad ones) with ruthless efficiency. They gain the Market Sense Merit for free, and may apply the latter to deals and transactions made outside the Goblin Market. They may also perform Bargains without shedding the Mask, and double the benefits gained from making one.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                        Age of Azar
                        The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

New Kith

Villian: You were chosen to play the "bad guy", to the Gentry's"good guy", for every hero needs a villian to defeat. Upon returning to Earth most Villians subvert the trope they were based on as a way of rejecting their Keeper. A few instead embrace their role, but on their terms.

Wizened: Mustach twirling bastard, that always seems to attract the service of thugs eagar to obey his orders.
                          Beast: The devil, with massive horns, red skin and hooved feet, to their Keepers God, the souls of the damned ready to answer his call.
                          Ogre: A muscle bound Alien horror with far too many teeth and the gleam of an dark intellect behind her eyes, her brood sack ready to give birth to fresh minions.
                          Darkling: a necromancer in a skull mask he never seems to remove, and wiggling magical tatoos of blasphemist nature. Zombies come bidden at his unholy chanting.
                          Elemental: Pure Evil, his Mein is more emotional then visual, evil radiates off him like heat from a fire, evil as aphysical presence instead of merely a concept, reminding those around him of all that they find vile and morally unforgivable. People with evil urges come to him as moths drawn to a flame, happy to obey.
                          Fairest: The dark Queen, regal, whose evil beauty taints her clothes and those around her,enhancing their beauty, but in a way that matches her own tainted gorgeous, yet unnatural appearance. Servants and Guardsman jump at her every order.

Blessing: Free small unit tactics merit and the staff: 1 (minions) merit.

Comment

New Kith

Villian: You were chosen to play the "bad guy", to the Gentry's"good guy", for every hero needs a villian to defeat. Upon returning to Earth most Villians subvert the trope they were based on as a way of rejecting their Keeper. A few instead embrace their role, but on their terms.

Wizened: Mustach twirling bastard, that always seems to attract the service of thugs eagar to obey his orders.
                            Beast: The devil, with massive horns, red skin and hooved feet, to their Keepers God, the souls of the damned ready to answer his call.
                            Ogre: A muscle bound Alien horror with far too many teeth and the gleam of an dark intellect behind her eyes, her brood sack ready to give birth to fresh minions.
                            Darkling: a necromancer in a skull mask he never seems to remove, and wiggling magical tatoos of blasphemist nature. Zombies come bidden at his unholy chanting.
                            Elemental: Pure Evil, his Mein is more emotional then visual, evil radiates off him like heat from a fire, evil as aphysical presence instead of merely a concept, reminding those around him of all that they find vile and morally unforgivable. People with evil urges come to him as moths drawn to a flame, happy to obey.
                            Fairest: The dark Queen, regal, whose evil beauty taints her clothes and those around her,enhancing their beauty, but in a way that matches her own tainted gorgeous, yet unnatural appearance. Servants and Guardsman jump at her every order.

Blessing: Free small unit tactics merit and the staff: 1 (minions) merit.
                            Interesting write-up. Though maybe remove the Staff Merit as part of the kith blessing and replace it with something else?

"My Homebrew Hub"
                            Age of Azar
                            The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

What would you suggest?

Comment

Working...
                              X