Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changeling Kiths (2E)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Here's one I promised some time ago.

    Cursed One

    No, please, not now... Get away from me! I don't need any of you!

    Most changelings are taken because the Gentry have a use for them, but sometimes a person is taken merely as punishment. A cursed one has been punished by his Keeper with a dual nature, torn between a savage monster and a noble hero. Every time he thinks he has finally triumphed, the cursed one finds himself descending into savagery once more.

    Beast: The man has the smooth, slimy green skin of a frog, but a shining bejeweled crown sits upon his brow.
    Fairest: This swan wears a lovely crown, but her feathers darken with her mood.
    Grimm: Sorrowful tales of dark enchantments are embossed with gold upon his mottled scales.
    Ogre: The muscular shaggy body and raging temper are barely contained within the immaculate clothing of a nobleman.

    Blessing: While afflicted with the Delusional or Warped Condition, the cursed one becomes more bestial, gaining a bonus to Physical and Intimidation rolls equal to half of his Wyrd. In this state, he also suffers an additional -2 penalty to other Social Skill rolls and loses the 10-Again effect for Composure rolls. The changeling may force one of these Conditions to manifest in himself by spending a point of Glamour and Willpower, but doing so causes the Condition to persist for its usual duration without a Beat gained for resolution. While benefiting from the Acuity Condition, the character seems more noble, gaining a +2 bonus on all Social Skill rolls. The changeling cannot force this Condition to manifest.


    Currently working on: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action
    Projects I've contributed to: C20 Anthology of Dreams ("No Such Thing As Dragons")

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post
      On a semi-related note, what sort of roster did you put together for the Margravate in your chronicle?
      The Margravate, or Squatters of the Brim as I've been calling them, are small 'chapter' of the Entitlement headquartered in their eponymous Squatters Roadhouse. A dive that's been cobbled together from whatever is salvageable. Long story short is that my players (who aren't actually Changelings but are pretending to be such) are helping an allied motley clear their name of an assassination attempt of the King of Thrilling Autumn; with his Queen, the Homeless Hag, mobilizing the entire Freehold to hunt them down. Including their very lethal liaison into Changeling matters of the local Psychology Dept. Professor, one of my examples from several posts ago about the Moonborn or Psychsemy kith. Who did offer a heads up, although she and others are obliged to attack on sight.

      Currently there is Fiddy, an alien Grey Elemental as the team telepath; Edith Lot, a Fairest Sandharrowed who is a pillar of salt, fresh off a change of her Seeming from Elemental to Fairest; Zaccheaus the aforementioned Wizened Zek, a gaunt brackish skinned escaped prisoner, and Vivip Phrynos, the defacto leader and Beast Coldscales who is a horned toad. In both the amphibious and reptilian sense. There's a mention of one or two others, as I had a player miss last session so I may grant her suggestion for a member currently patrolling the Hedge.

      Vivip, the horned toad, is tangentially related to my first ever Changeling character I reused as an NPC. Based on a shared 'brood' of Changelings, commonly Beasts, that take after the fauna of a bizarre bog garden from their slurry mixing Keeper, these surviving Changelings ('scumlings') consider licking each others backs to be a greeting and sign of alliance. Since the PC-now-NPC was killed in the assassination attempt, and she was Brimmer as well, Vivip is agreeing to help out of vengeful feelings.

      The other main motley allies accused of this assassination included the (deceased) Anura Spongely, froggy Beast Steepscrambler and Swimmerskin; Smog Eve, a hazy night Elemental Palewraith and Ask-we-da-eed whose Mask is the exact doppleganger of one of my players, Smythe, a punkish Darkling Pisacha Moonborn; and Chester Lockley a shriveled old toymaker (in appearance, not age) Wizened Artist and Gameplayer.

      --------------------

      Back to blessings of the Zek Kith, I'll play around with the suggestions during tonight's session to see what fits most for the Kith. I do want to keep it as general or vanilla as possible (where you have only the core rulebook and C:tL as references) in contrast to the common trend I've been seeing with home-brew of late using Hurt Locker material.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post
        Here's one I promised some time ago.
        Huh. Another interesting kith.

        Not sure if the name's fine, but the mechanics are solid in my opinion. It's actually a good base for a character akin to the Beast.


        "My Homebrew Hub"
        Age of Azar
        The Kingdom of Yamatai

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post

          Huh. Another interesting kith.

          Not sure if the name's fine, but the mechanics are solid in my opinion. It's actually a good base for a character akin to the Beast.
          The Beast was exactly the archetype I'd been envisioning when I created them. I'm glad you liked it.


          Currently working on: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action
          Projects I've contributed to: C20 Anthology of Dreams ("No Such Thing As Dragons")

          Comment


          • I think your Kith is really cool Just a thought, why don't you also give them the feature or the ability to gain one of the traits of the monster they are associated with? Also, how are your Cu Sith going?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Madhatter View Post
              I think your Kith is really cool Just a thought, why don't you also give them the feature or the ability to gain one of the traits of the monster they are associated with? Also, how are your Cu Sith going?

              I figured that anybody looking for something extra in a cursed one can always use Dual Kith or Contracts to expand the character's capabilities. I don't want to load too much into a single blessing, and they've got a lot already.

              As for the Cu Sith, I've still got my notes for them, but I ended up setting them aside to work on... something else. Between that, work, and the holidays, I haven't had a chance to go back to them yet. I still intend to do so, though.


              Currently working on: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action
              Projects I've contributed to: C20 Anthology of Dreams ("No Such Thing As Dragons")

              Comment


              • Superhero

                “I’m telling you, he showed up out of nowhere and saved me from that thing! I asked who he was and he said ‘just a guy with great responsibilities’.”

                The True Fae are partial to the popular stories of the zeitgeist, and fashion their Realms and captives accordingly. And few tales have taken the world by storm like those of the costumed crime fighters and justice bringers known as Superheroes. In Arcadia, they were shining beacons of hope for metropolises caught within the dastardly plans of other changelings cast in the role of supervillains, while their Keepers joined in the action as one or the other depending on their mood. Despite the immense glory, these changelings grew tired of their make believe worlds and strove toward a greater purpose. This desire to make a real difference allowed them to escape their Keepers’ Realms, and now they protect people for real in the Ironside, regardless of the danger or the fear people might have of them.

                Beast: A wild animal man, embodying the symbolic abilities of his chosen animal and righting wrongs even if it means breaking rules.

                Darkling: A cunning anti-hero who prowls the dark underbelly of the city and is not afraid of getting blood and dirt on their hands. Their faces seem perpetually framed in shadows, their voices serious and their steps are as silent as can be.

                Elemental: A survivor of harsh environments clad in the elements like a living cloak, he explores the furthest reaches of the world where no one else will go in search of those who need help.

                Fairest: A striking paragon with noble features and athletic build, his very presence is followed by a glowing aura of righteousness and determination.

                Ogre: A hulking barge of a man covered in proud scars and tattoos, with a menacing glare and an even more menacing knuckle crack. When they chase an evil doer, the pavement cracks under their mighty feet.

                Wizened: A brilliant inventor and investigator wearing the most sophisticated Hedgespun gadgets for solving crimes, often incorporated into his body.

                Blessing: Superheroes receive an extra dot of Presence or Resolve, which may take them beyond their normal limits. They may roll Presence + Wyrd vs Resolve + Supernatural Tolerance a number of times per scene equal to Wyrd. Success changes one of the target’s Aspirations, which must be turned into something related to improving themselves or fighting for justice in some way. Should the Superhero succeed, he may spend 1 Glamour to also give the target the Inspired Condition or Beaten Down Tilt. Lastly, he may roll Resolve + Wyrd to give the Steadfast Condition to any one of his allies a number of times per story equal to Wyrd. An Exceptional Success on this roll gives the Steadfast Condition to Wyrd + 1 individuals.
                Last edited by GibberingEloquence; 06-24-2017, 10:46 PM.


                "Fate is a cruel jester with a finely developed sense of irony." - Sir Night as portrayed by Leliel, The Horror Recognition Guide

                Comment


                • Originally posted by GibberingEloquence View Post
                  Superhero

                  “I’m telling you, he showed up out of nowhere and saved me from that thing! I asked who he was and he said ‘just a guy with great responsibilities’.”

                  The True Fae are partial to the popular stories of the zeitgeist, and fashion their Realms and captives accordingly. And few tales have taken the world by storm like those of the costumed crime fighters and justice bringers known as Superheroes. In Arcadia, they were shining beacons of hope for metropolises caught within the dastardly plans of other changelings cast in the role of supervillains, while their Keepers joined in the action as one or the other depending on their mood. Despite the immense glory, these changelings grew tired of their make believe worlds and strove toward a greater purpose. This desire to make a real difference allowed them to escape their Keepers’ Realms, and now they protect people for real in the Ironside, regardless of the danger or the fear people might have of them.

                  Beast: A wild animal man, embodying the symbolic abilities of his chosen animal and righting wrongs even if it means breaking rules.

                  Darkling: A cunning anti-hero who prowls the dark underbelly of the city and is not afraid of getting blood and dirt on their hands. Their faces seem perpetually framed in shadows, their voices serious and their steps are as silent as can be.

                  Elemental: A survivor of harsh environments clad in the elements like a living cloak, he explores the furthest reaches of the world where no one else will go in search of those who need help.

                  Fairest: A striking paragon with noble features and athletic build, his very presence is followed by a glowing aura of righteousness and determination.

                  Ogre: A hulking barge of a man covered in proud scars and tattoos, with a menacing glare and an even more menacing knuckle crack. When they chase an evil doer, the pavement cracks under their mighty feet.

                  Wizened: A brilliant inventor and investigator wearing the most sophisticated Hedgespun gadgets for solving crimes, often incorporated into his body.

                  Blessing: Superheroes receive an extra dot of Presence or Resolve, which may take them beyond their normal limits. They may roll Presence + Wyrd vs Resolve + Supernatural Tolerance a number of times per scene equal to Wyrd. Success changes one of the target’s Aspirations, which must be turned into something related to improving themselves or fighting for justice in some way. Should the Superhero succeed, he may spend 1 Glamour to also give the target the Inspired Condition or Beaten Down Tilt. Lastly, he may roll Resolve + Wyrd to give the Steadfast Condition to any one of his allies a number of times per story equal to Wyrd. An Exceptional Success on this roll gives the Steadfast Condition to Wyrd + 1 individuals.
                  Perfect in honour of the late Adam West.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X