Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nin View Post
    "Mein"? Isn't it still "Mien"?
    Probably a typo on my part. I'll get it corrected...

Edit: Annnnd, corrected.

Originally posted by BronzeDog View Post
    Yeah, it's weird. I didn't have a problem with the first edition ones, but I think I was using MS Edge at the time. I'll check it when get home.
    Ok. Thanks. Let me know what you find out...
    Last edited by Mr Gone; 04-01-2016, 06:57 PM.

MrGone's Character Sheets
    For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs

Comment

Well, that was weird. This time I had my book pdfs open and when I downloaded a new copy, Acrobat stopped responding, but I was able to go into task manager and stop it, rather than have everything freeze up. I think I might uninstall and reinstall Acrobat as my next step.

EDIT: Oh, and the 1st edition sheet didn't seem to do anything funky at all.
      Last edited by BronzeDog; 04-01-2016, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Well, that was weird. This time I had my book pdfs open and when I downloaded a new copy, Acrobat stopped responding, but I was able to go into task manager and stop it, rather than have everything freeze up. I think I might uninstall and reinstall Acrobat as my next step.

It's something to do with the newer version of Acrobat; I've had it freeze, lock up and then crash with no rhyme or reason for some time now. Unless I save regularly it also deletes all my work. Quite annoying.

Comment

Hmmm...I wonder if it has to do with the fact that I enabled the forms to be saved?

Do me a favor, try this sheet and tell me if you get the same issue(it also has the forms save enabled): http://mrgone.rocksolidshells.com/pd...nteractive.pdf

Originally posted by Taidragon View Post
          It's something to do with the newer version of Acrobat; I've had it freeze, lock up and then crash with no rhyme or reason for some time now. Unless I save regularly it also deletes all my work. Quite annoying.
          Aww...sorry that hear. That sucks. All the more reason I still love my trusted Acrobat 5 Pro.

Comment

Thanks for the info, Taidragon. I'll see if I can get an earlier version.

Mr. Gone: I was able to load that sheet without any trouble.

Comment

Thanks for the info, Taidragon. I'll see if I can get an earlier version.

Mr. Gone: I was able to load that sheet without any trouble.
              Hmmm....very strange. Sorry you're having trouble.

If you need to, send me a PM and I'll see about getting the version I did in Acrobat 5, before I enabled the reader save feature...

Comment

I should clarify that while the problems seem to happen more often when I have the editable docs up, the pdfs freeze whenever they feel like it, be it from one of the supplements from Drivethrurpg, Mr.Gone's site, or a transcript from Big Finish. It's just an instability within the program itself. :/

Comment

It's okay for now. I wasn't using the interactive features since I wanted blank sheets for my players to be able to fill out, since I'm meeting them in the physical world. That, and there's something about doing stuff by hand when I'm making my own characters. I can print blanks in MS Edge.

Comment

It's okay for now. I wasn't using the interactive features since I wanted blank sheets for my players to be able to fill out, since I'm meeting them in the physical world. That, and there's something about doing stuff by hand when I'm making my own characters. I can print blanks in MS Edge.
                    I know how that goes. I usually fill mine out by hand too. Well, sometimes anyway.

Least you can get it printed, and thats the important thing.

Comment

Hey everyone. I've updated the 2nd Ed Changeling sheets for the new version. I had someone send me some of the info on the changes, so hopefully I got everyone ok. If you spot anything wrong, let me know.

Here are the links:

http://mrgone.rocksolidshells.com/pd...nteractive.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Gone View Post
                        Hey everyone. I've updated the 2nd Ed Changeling sheets for the new version. I had someone send me some of the info on the changes, so hopefully I got everyone ok. If you spot anything wrong, let me know.

Here are the links:

Great work! Thank you for the updated sheet. One minor correction at the bottom -- Clarity is now equal to the character's Wits + Composure. Also, the preview talks about Clarity functioning more like the health track, with the Clarity damage moving from left to right like regular damage.

Comment

Originally posted by jojo11 View Post
                          Great work! Thank you for the updated sheet. One minor correction at the bottom -- Clarity is now equal to the character's Wits + Composure.
                          Thanks. I'll work on getting that fixed.

Originally posted by jojo11 View Post
                          Also, the preview talks about Clarity functioning more like the health track, with the Clarity damage moving from left to right like regular damage.
                          Yea, I'd heard that, but in talking with lnodiv , he sent me this:
                          The way Touchstone attachment is described is thus:
                          'Write Touchstones alongside your character's Clarity track. Count boxes from the left equal to your character’s Composure + 1, and write your first Touchstone next to that box. For instance, if your character has Composure 3, you would write the Touchstone next to the fourth box from the left.'
                          I don't see how we could do with a horizontal Clarity track. So, I went for the old style horizontal track. I'm open to suggestion though if there is a better way...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Gone View Post
                            Yea, I'd heard that, but in talking with lnodiv , he sent me this:

I don't see how we could do with a horizontal Clarity track. So, I went for the old style horizontal track. I'm open to suggestion though if there is a better way...
                            Maybe make the track horizontal with the lines for writing touchstones at an angle (like 30 or 45 degrees?) coming off of each one (if you can do that in an editable pdf)? Not sure how well that fits on the sheet though, it might be too wide for the current 3 column design.

Comment

Originally posted by ElvesofZion View Post
                              Maybe make the track horizontal with the lines for writing touchstones at an angle (like 30 or 45 degrees?) coming off of each one (if you can do that in an editable pdf)? Not sure how well that fits on the sheet though, it might be too wide for the current 3 column design.
                              I think I've done some vertical form field columns before, so I don't think it's impossible. I'm just not sure how to make something like fit properly with the sheet layout. Plus, the check boxes themselves aren't very wide, so the text would be pretty tiny... I could space out the boxes and dots somewhat, but it still wouldn't be a lot of room to write.

I can play around with it an see...

I wonder why they designed it that way though? Seems like an odd choice.

Comment

It's probably designed purely from a gameplay standpoint, without the character sheet in mind.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                                Ordo Dracul Mystery: Coil of Smoke

Comment

Working...
                                X