No announcement yet.

Character Sheet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe have both? The Clarity "health track" in one place and in another have the vertical Humanity-style track where you can mark Touchstones?
    Last edited by jojo11; 01-08-2018, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Duplicate post
      Last edited by jojo11; 01-08-2018, 09:02 PM.

Comment

An idea; what about changing out the circles for a vertical oriented health-box, with two columns of boxes? Touchstones are attached to the Clarity box that is equal to Composure + 1, and any Touchstones gained after are put to the right of that box (or above, in this case). By having the Clarity and Touchstones be vertical, you retain the look and ease of use but still allow Clarity to go even higher than 10. Bear in mind, Clarity can be permanently increased by finding Icons, literal pieces of a Changeling's past and memory, so it's not simply stuck at a Changeling's attributes and Wyrd.
        Last edited by Taidragon; 01-09-2018, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jojo11 View Post
          Maybe have both? The Clarity "health track" in one place and in another have the vertical Humanity-style track where you can mark Touchstones?
          I thought of this too, but with both tracks, at the end of the day you end up taking up sheet space for no net gain vs having 'health boxes' attached to the vertical track. I suppose it might be more readable.

Comment

Maybe have a touchstone section under it to detail them and just write T or T1, T2 under the square like you would the wound penalties?

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
              It's probably designed purely from a gameplay standpoint, without the character sheet in mind.
              Sounds like it... I'll be curious to see what they do when it comes time for a character sheet...

Originally posted by Taidragon View Post
              An idea; what about changing out the circles for a vertical oriented health-box, with two columns of boxes? Touchstones are attached to the Clarity box that is equal to Composure + 1, and any Touchstones gained after are put to the right of that box (or above, in this case). By having the Clarity and Touchstones be vertical, you retain the look and ease of use but still allow Clarity to go even higher than 10. Bear in mind, Clarity can be permanently increased by finding Icons, literal pieces of a Changeling's past and memory, so it's not simply stuck at a Changeling's attributes and Wyrd.
              So you think removing the circles and having two rows or vertical boxes? And having Clarity just be the dots in a horizontal row?

MrGone's Character Sheets
              For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs

Comment

Originally posted by De_K47 View Post
                Maybe have a touchstone section under it to detail them and just write T or T1, T2 under the square like you would the wound penalties?

That might be the quickest and easiest solution. If you turn Clarity into a health track, that should free up some space to add a Touchstone list.

Comment

Originally posted by De_K47 View Post
                  Here's what that would look like.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l7I...ew?usp=sharing

Just a quick Photoshop mock-up based on Mr. Gone's earlier sheet -- don't have the fonts installed to make real changes

Comment

Just a quick Photoshop mock-up based on Mr. Gone's earlier sheet -- don't have the fonts installed to make real changes
                    Ah, I got ya. Yea, I could do that. Sorry, I was over thinking it I guess...lol.

What does everyone else think?

Comment

That makes it easier to track Clarity-as-Health but harder to tract what touchstone is attached to what 'health' level.

Comment

I was thinking about De_K47's suggestion of putting numbers under the health track and those numbers correspond to the Touchstones listed below.

It's really hard to envision what they intend for the sheet to look like. Maybe they'll revise some of the descriptions once they actually start drafting a character sheet.

Comment

I personally like the idea of Clarity being a vertical health track (though elongated a bit) with space next to each for it's touchstones. I think that the dots and squares should look and feel like the health and willpower sections but vertical. Maybe have expanded Touchstones portion for 2/4 page versions.

Another idea is to have the best of both worlds:

Have a (albeit smaller) horizontal track under the Health and before the Willpower with Circles to denote the total, and squares to denote the severity of the damage. and then below the Glamour Pool can be a vertical track where touchstones go but with circles to the right of the spaces for the user to fill in how much total the character has. (should the clarity be numbered in both cases to make it even easier or would that clutter it up too much?)

Frequent Story Teller for the Circle of Five gaming group.

Comment

It's really hard to envision what they intend for the sheet to look like. Maybe they'll revise some of the descriptions once they actually start drafting a character sheet.
                            I know. That's why I might just leave it as-is for now, until we get a clearer picture what they're thinking.

Though, I might do a draft with the horizontal tract and the section of lines as you suggested above, just to give people a second option for now.

Originally posted by xiongrey View Post
                            I personally like the idea of Clarity being a vertical health track (though elongated a bit) with space next to each for it's touchstones. I think that the dots and squares should look and feel like the health and willpower sections but vertical. Maybe have expanded Touchstones portion for 2/4 page versions.
                            Which is pretty much how I have it now. Seemed the easiest way to do it given the description I head.

Originally posted by xiongrey View Post
                            Another idea is to have the best of both worlds:

Have a (albeit smaller) horizontal track under the Health and before the Willpower with Circles to denote the total, and squares to denote the severity of the damage. and then below the Glamour Pool can be a vertical track where touchstones go but with circles to the right of the spaces for the user to fill in how much total the character has. (should the clarity be numbered in both cases to make it even easier or would that clutter it up too much?)
                            We considered that, having it presented two ways, but I feel like it takes up space on the sheet for not much benefit. So if we're going to do lines with boxes(or dots) next to them, might as well just commit to that style. If that makes sense...

Comment

Heres a version of my sheet with the changes from your mock up. See what you think...

http://mrgone.rocksolidshells.com/mi...nteractive.pdf

Comment

I like it. I think it's easy enough to write a touchstone number under the corresponding box and then just number the list below for reference.

Comment

Working...
                                X