No announcement yet.

Grimms (2E House Rule)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another alternative take on handling roles for a Grimm (until we get official updated mechanics, that is.)

All the World's a Stage: More than any of the other Seemings, the Grimms cleave strongly to archetypes and roles. It determines their place in the world while shielding them from the eyes of the Gentry. Without a role to fall back on, he risks drawing attention to himself and ultimately recapture.

Mechanically, a Grimm uses the same rules as a Created in terms of Roles. Instead of causing Disquiet, though, actions that would be considered out of character apply the Seeming Curse. The Grimm also has a wider selection of roles to choose from.

"My Homebrew Hub"
    Age of Azar
    The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post
      Another alternative take on handling roles for a Grimm (until we get official updated mechanics, that is.)

All the World's a Stage: More than any of the other Seemings, the Grimms cleave strongly to archetypes and roles. It determines their place in the world while shielding them from the eyes of the Gentry. Without a role to fall back on, he risks drawing attention to himself and ultimately recapture.

Mechanically, a Grimm uses the same rules as a Created in terms of Roles. Instead of causing Disquiet, though, actions that would be considered out of character apply the Seeming Curse. The Grimm also has a wider selection of roles to choose from.
      Tentatively, I like it. I'm assuming that the specific Roles that Grimms could have would be different than the Created, with the Grimms being limited to character types rather than broad archetypes of humanity. I like this rule because it is a fairly simple way of covering a lot of different ones while making it simple mechanically to create new ones. You should address the way they change between them, and perhaps give a couple examples for those that lack Promethean.

Currently working on: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action
      Projects I've contributed to: C20 Anthology of Dreams ("No Such Thing As Dragons")

Comment

Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post
        Tentatively, I like it. I'm assuming that the specific Roles that Grimms could have would be different than the Created, with the Grimms being limited to character types rather than broad archetypes of humanity. I like this rule because it is a fairly simple way of covering a lot of different ones while making it simple mechanically to create new ones. You should address the way they change between them, and perhaps give a couple examples for those that lack Promethean.
        Yeah. I'm planning on doing that when the weekends roll in.

Just to give me an idea to start from, would it work something like this? Where a Promethean on Ferrum could take on the Role of a Soldier, a Grimm Broadback, Manikin, or Metalflesh adopts the role of the Steadfast Tin Soldier?
        Last edited by Deionscribe; 03-16-2017, 09:51 AM.

"My Homebrew Hub"
        Age of Azar
        The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Working...
        X