Kiths and Seemings Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiths and Seemings Update

We've all gone over Seemings and Kiths a few times. But, I just compiled revisions, and figured I'd share them.

Here's the one that's going to editing.

David A Hill Jr
    Freelance Writer
    Independent Game Designer

Darkling Curse beyond Clarity Break?

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
    Work Blog Coming Soon
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey

Comment

Something I noticed is that there's a few Kiths that allow you to use your normal dice-pool or your Wyrd rating as the Wyrd scaled part of their bonuses, however it rarely seems like you'd opt to use Wyrd for this. I have a lot of trouble seeing an Antiquarian having less dice for any of their rolls for Academics or Investigation than their Wyrd ratings.

Comment

Should half of the user's Wyrd be used as a bonus, such as for Chimera, what if the user has an odd number for their Wyrd? Do they round up or down? And if they have Wyrd 1, or effectively Wyrd 1, does that give them no bonus or is there a minimum of 1?

Comment

I'm still trying to accept that my beloved Beast would be a Darkling under 2e's rules, but this is all really, really solid.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
            Something I noticed is that there's a few Kiths that allow you to use your normal dice-pool or your Wyrd rating as the Wyrd scaled part of their bonuses, however it rarely seems like you'd opt to use Wyrd for this. I have a lot of trouble seeing an Antiquarian having less dice for any of their rolls for Academics or Investigation than their Wyrd ratings.
            I'm going to note in the description text: This applies AFTER modifiers.

David A Hill Jr
            Freelance Writer

Comment

I'd like to nominate Darklings for most improved Seeming writeup. They felt really one-note in the first drafts we saw of it, they sound and feel much better now.

Still uncomfortable with the natural leader thing of Fairest, but I'll deal.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                Darkling Curse beyond Clarity Break?
                Good question.

Comment

Earthbones get X/X armor, but they can spend a Glamour to add half Wryd as Ballistic. Does this mean they increase ballistic to full Wyrd or is that a mistake?

Gristlegrinders round down, in contravention to the rule in the section header regarding "Half Wyrd"

I really dig the introduction to Seemings, and the changes in the Seemings themselves that help illustrate broader potential for different types of characters

Comment

Originally posted by HelmsDerp View Post
                    Earthbones get X/X armor, but they can spend a Glamour to add half Wryd as Ballistic. Does this mean they increase ballistic to full Wyrd or is that a mistake?

Gristlegrinders round down, in contravention to the rule in the section header regarding "Half Wyrd"

I really dig the introduction to Seemings, and the changes in the Seemings themselves that help illustrate broader potential for different types of characters
                    Those two things are just mistakes. I'll get them hammered out probably before layout, but otherwise in the errata pass.

David A Hill Jr
                    Freelance Writer

Comment

There are just so many character concept is can make with those , I'm loving it

Comment

Is it just me, or does the Darkling still lack something in their Curse. I remember suggesting before in a previous thread that something involving Touchstones could be appropriate.

On a different note, the Ogre's Blessing is something I still am not unsure of. I could argue that perhaps they should only suffer wound penalties when they hit lethal (or aggravated, if you're using combat hacks like those of Armory Reloaded). But it does make sense as it is, given how Ogres are not easy to hurt (and not inclined to admit it).

Nicely done on the Fairest and Wizened and their respective problems with True Fae and Hedgespun Items/Tokens. And regarding the Loyalists, they're treated as Unseemly characters? Defined only by their Kith/s?

Speaking of Kiths, I am really liking the revisions many of them have. And I can appreciate the changes to Dual Kith a little more, given how Wyrd can have a number of applications in even a single Kith.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                        Age of Azar
                        The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post
                          Is it just me, or does the Darkling still lack something in their Curse. I remember suggesting before in a http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/changeling-the-lost/791114-changeling-the-lost-2e-teaser-new-seeming-blessings-and-curses?p=833779#post833779"]previous thread[/URL] that something involving Touchstones could be appropriate.

On a different note, the Ogre's Blessing is something I still am not unsure of. I could argue that perhaps they should only suffer wound penalties when they hit lethal (or aggravated, if you're using combat hacks like those of Armory Reloaded). But it does make sense as it is, given how Ogres are not easy to hurt (and not inclined to admit it).

Nicely done on the Fairest and Wizened and their respective problems with True Fae and Hedgespun Items/Tokens. And regarding the Loyalists, they're treated as Unseemly characters? Defined only by their Kith/s?

Speaking of Kiths, I am really liking the revisions many of them have. And I can appreciate the changes to Dual Kith a little more, given how Wyrd can have a number of applications in even a single Kith.
                          No its not just you, the Darklings are still missing their none clarity part of the curse.

A penalty in daylight would be an obvious choice, but personally I'd prefer a penalty to team work rolls, which emphasises they're troubles with trusting others.

Comment

I noticed that the Metalflesh seem to be lacking a base armor rating, but the wording seems to imply that they should have one. For those that have the option of using their Wyrd in place of the normal dice pool, have you considered making it so that it modifies it in some way instead? Even if it is after modifiers, it would still likely require high levels of Potent Kith to make that an effective choice.

Currently working on: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action
                            Projects I've contributed to: C20 Anthology of Dreams ("No Such Thing As Dragons")

Comment

Honestly, the kiths that mechanic ilwas put on are otherwise fairly powerful. I'm not too worried about weakness.

Antiquetarian and Grey have the mechanic. Which are the other ones?

Comment

Working...
                              X