SPECTER as a God-Machine Cult

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPECTER as a God-Machine Cult

I have been having this thought for awhile so i decided to ask you guys. How would you make SPECTER from the James Bond films as a God-Machine cult?

What's SPECTER's raison d'etre? In the bond universe, I mean.

Comment

Here's a link to their wiki page. http://jamesbond.wikia.com/wiki/SPECTRE. That should answer your question.
      Last edited by Killerclown; 11-21-2016, 03:02 PM.

Comment

In which continuity do you want to focus for this? The newest films?

Comment

Originally posted by Malus View Post
          In which continuity do you want to focus for this? The newest films?
          The classical movies and novels.
          Last edited by Killerclown; 11-21-2016, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Well, I'd have an easier time with the new incarnation, mainly because 9 Eyes looks like an state of the art Command & Control infrastructure.

Comment

Originally posted by Malus View Post
              Well, I'd have an easier time with the new incarnation, mainly because 9 Eyes looks like an state of the art Command & Control infrastructure.
              Alright you can use the new movie

Comment

The older one is still possible, you just have it as a vast conspiracy dedicated to destabilizing the West. Higher ups could be stigmatics or demon-blooded, occasionally agents could be gifted with gadget-like objects.

The new one is more about controlling economies.

Comment

True. But, would Blofield be a stigmatic or demon blooded. Also, what kind of Demon would James Bond be?
                  Last edited by Killerclown; 11-22-2016, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Bond would probably be a demon-blooded or stigmatic on the other side of things. From the God-Machine cult-conspiracy to keep people from trying to stabilize the West.

I imagine Blofeld best as a stigmatic. He's seen the structures of the God-Machine and has positioned himself in a place for them, a place to be used where he can aggrandize himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Killerclown View Post
                      True. But, would Blofield be a stigmatic or demon blooded. Also, what kind of Demon would James Bond be?
                      James Bond would probably just be a Demon-blooded agent, but "MI6" is probably an Agency masquerading as part of British Intelligence.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

I think I will stick to the idea of them trying to destabilize the West. But, does that sound like a project the God Machine would do? Also, that would make them cold war relics.

Comment

Originally posted by Killerclown View Post
                          I think I will stick to the idea of them trying to destabilize the West. But, does that sound like a project the God Machine would do?
                          God-Machine does a lot of weird things. As a being of stasis, it could just want them destabilizing the West to halt progress, keeping them slow or making sure any progress is hindered. Basically they could be the reason why governments are forced to spend so much money on counterintelligence, counterterrorism, and military in general.

Also, that would make them cold war relics.
                          Technically, but there's still some East vs West rivalries, it's just not about communism versus democracy right now and China is the one in charge, as opposed to the USSR. It allows for variation, with members of the 'Old Guard' having old hatreds and biases, while the 'New Guard' has different ideas.

Or you could make it defunct from the perspective of the God-Machine, with the angels tasked with supporting it having backed off and it solely being held together by the members within and their greed and hatred.
                          Last edited by nofather; 11-22-2016, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Actually, I like the Old Guard vs New Guard idea. Also, I can see the Machine using them to keep the West from advancing too quickly. Finally, what type of infrastructure would they use?

Comment

I am thinking that if i am going to introduce this group in a demon chronicle, i need to make the whole game feel like a James Bond movie.

Comment

Working...
                              X