[NPC] Cryptid Huntress/Researcher

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [NPC] Cryptid Huntress/Researcher

This character started out with the thoughts in this post. Feedback is greatly appreciated. I would especially like tips for a name, what her Demonic Form might look like, and what ties to society she might have that aren't related to hunting cryptids.

Her mission was to catch loose Cryptids that were interfering with the G-M's plans and bring them to facilities where they would become servants and resources. Regular exposure to so many wonders being locked away led her to wonder why the G-M did not share the benefits harvested from Cryptids with mankind. She Fell when she decided the GM was a wasteful and negligent master, and that she could do better. She became her own Cryptid hunter and researcher.

She aims to create a Cheiron style company that sells products made from the research she and her staff have done on cryptids and other weird creatures. Her Hell is a world where the God-Machine is no longer a mystery and its tools have been taken away from it and reverse-engineered into products that people will accept as normal.

Storytelling Hints: The PCs are infiltrating some Infrastructure or another, and they alert a Cryptid guard. It's a really strong one, and when it looks like they're gonna die, they meet the huntress, who has been researching this Cryptid for a while and is able to help them take it down. After some explanations, she says that she will help them infiltrate the rest of Infrastructure if they help her put the dead Cryptid on the truck and reply to her messages some days later. They could form a partnership out of that.

Despite being reliable and very skilled, she has few ties that aren’t related to her hunts and research, which is bad for her Cover and risky for the PCs. But just as the authorities start investigating their activities and Angels start spying on them, she swears she discovered the location of an extremely rare and valuable Cryptid. The creature supposedly possesses healing abilities that can be turned into revolutionary medical products. She guarantees that will finally allow her and the PCs to start their company and give them a solid resource base from which to conduct missions and accomplish their goals. There is just one problem: the creature is kept inside a maximum security Infrastructure hiding behind a government facility where many other strange creatures are secretly held for research.

Virtue: Curious/Trustworthy
    Vice: Stubborn

Incarnation: Psychopomp
    Agenda: Inquisitor/Tempter
    Catalyst: Grand Designs

Mental Attributes: Intelligence 3, Wits 4, Resolve 3
    Physical Attributes: Strength 2, Dexterity 4, Stamina 3
    Social Attributes: Presence 2, Manipulation 3, Composure 3

Mental Skills: Academics 2, Crafts (Traps) 3, Computer 2, Medicine 3, Occult (Cryptids) 3, Politics 1, Investigation 3, Science (Chemistry) 3
    Physical Skills: Athletics 2, Brawl 2, Drive 1, Firearms (Sniper Rifle) 2, Larceny 2, Stealth 3, Survival (Tracking) 3, Weaponry (Hunting Knife) 2
    Social Skills: Animal Ken 3, Empathy 1, Expression 1, Intimidation 1, Persuasion 2, Socialize 1, Streetwise 1, Subterfuge 2

Merits: Area Of Expertise (Cryptids, Chemistry), Danger Sense, Direction Sense, Encyclopedic Knowledge (Occult), Fast Reflexes 2, Good Time Management, Holistic Awareness, Interdisciplinary Specialty (Cryptids, Chemistry), Investigative Aide (Occult, Survival), Patient, Professional Training 3 (Cryptid Huntress/Researcher: Occult, Survival, Science), Tolerance For Biology, Trained Observer 1, Virtuous, Fleet Of Foot 2, Iron Stamina 2, Parkour 4, Quick Draw (Hunting Knife), Contacts (Gun Store Owners, Survivalists), Fixer, Resources 2, Fighting Finesse (Hunting Knife), Light Weapons 3 (Hunting Knife), Marksmanship 3, Bolthole (Arsenal 3, Equipment 3, No Twilight 1, Cover-Linked 2, Easy Access 3), Cryptid Harvesting, Esoteric Armory 3, Multiple Agendas, Terrible Form 2, Versatile Transformation

EMBEDS

Vocal: Animal Communication, Animal Messenger, Borrowed Expertise, Remote Link-Up, Vox

Instrumental: Ambush, Efficiency, Knock-Off, Open Sesame, Tag & Release, Turn Blade, Wasted Time

Cacophony: Bystander Effect, Just Bruised, On The Mend, Shatter

Mundane: Authorized, Deep Cover, Don’t I Know You, Going Native, In My Pocket, Living Recorder, Never Here, Without A Trace

EXPLOITS

Behind The Curtain, Deep Pockets, Hellhounds, Living Installation, Rip The Gates, Solitary Confinement. Stimulus/Response

DEMONIC FORM

Modifications: Component Indicators, Night Vision, Olfactory Enhancements, Rivet Arm, Sonic Acuity

Technologies: Aura Sight, Blind Sense, Mirrored Skin

Propulsions: Plasma Drive

Processes: Amorphous

Defense: 6
    Initiative: 9
    Speed: 11
    Willpower: 6
    Health: 8
    Primum: 3
    Cover: 6
    Last edited by GibberingEloquence; 12-29-2016, 01:08 PM.

"Fate is a cruel jester with a finely developed sense of irony." - Sir Night as portrayed by Leliel, The Horror Recognition Guide

No access to the Demon book, I don't know what the majority of all those shiny Demon-specific stuff do, but looking at the names of the Form Abilities makes me think of, for some reason I can't quite specify, a T-1000 specimen that can manifest surgical and hunting equipment from its body.

As for a place in society... park ranger, zoo keeper, vetinarian, biology professor and such spring to my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
      No access to the Demon book, I don't know what the majority of all those shiny Demon-specific stuff do, but looking at the names of the Form Abilities makes me think of, for some reason I can't quite specify, a T-1000 specimen that can manifest surgical and hunting equipment from its body.

As for a place in society... park ranger, zoo keeper, vetinarian, biology professor and such spring to my mind.
      That dabbles in paranormal investigation. To help explain why they might be around "weirdness". Though whether they are a believer or a debunker is immaterial.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Nice Character. I can see her having identities deeply embed in organizations like the Cheiron Group, Utopia Now, Luminous Labs/ Deva maybe in the Forestry Service or the Pentagon.

Comment

Working...
        X