Essential Sacrifice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Essential Sacrifice

Hello everybody. I have a two part question I did not see addressed in this forum. Might be a God-Machine Chronicles question, but my cursory inspection is coming up empty.

So, first part. It says in the main rule book that Angels regain Essence from sacrifice (either literal or metaphorical) in resources (or Resources, I suppose), animals, and humans. The "literal" part seems straight forward, at least as far as the living beings go. So my question is about the metaphorical sort o sacrifice. How "important" would you say the sacrifice needs to be, and how often can an Angel partake from it? By way of example- can an Angel benefit from a pious human coming to a church every week and "sacrificing" a morning to listen to a preacher and sing a few hymns? Could the Angel partake of this sacrifice every week? Does it need to be something more all consuming, like say that same pious human joining the church choir and basically devoting herself to the faith forever? And if so, does the Angel get to reap her for Essence whenever it encounters her, or is this maybe a one time deal available at the precise moment she goes through the initiation? As a different example, how about a dutiful office worker coming in on a weekend to plow through a bunch of boring paperwork his boss left for him while going on vacation. Count as a sacrifice? Does it count as such any time the worker is abused in such a fashion?

The second part of this question is more open ended and fun. Please give me as many examples of unique ways things can be sacrificed for the sake of an Angel's batteries. Be creative!

Originally posted by nothri View Post
    It says in the main rule book that Angels regain Essence from sacrifice (either literal or metaphorical) in resources (or Resources, I suppose), animals, and humans. The "literal" part seems straight forward, at least as far as the living beings go. So my question is about the metaphorical sort o sacrifice.
    I'm pretty sure the "metaphorical or literal" parenthetical is referring to resources and/or their preciousness, not the sacrifice thereof, given the entire thematic trend of the Machine's functioning.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
    Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Working...
    X