Additional Cover Rating at Character Creation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additional Cover Rating at Character Creation

Didn't find the answer on a quick search, so I'm asking here.

During character creation you can raise your Primum and be able to purchase an additional cover at the price of one Merit dot - but what is the rating of the new Cover? Is it 7, same as your initial Cover - or is it one-per-Merit-dot-spent?

If it's the latter, I don't see the point of burning through my entire Merit dots for two Covers who are basically just skins. After all, I'm left with no Merit dots left to purchase anything specific to them, what with 5 dots to raise Primum, and at least 3-4 more just so the Cover rating doesn't entirely suck - so, one or two Merit dots remaining.

Does anyone actually raise Primum and purchase an additional cover during character creation?
    Did I miss something in the book?

It's 7. I don't remember where it was said, but Matt (or Rose?) basically said if you're willing to put that many Merit dots into it, you should get a 7-dot cover out of it.

Sam Young | Vampires ruin everything freelancer

VtR: 13 Licks: The Curses of Caine in Blood and Smoke13 Licks: Tricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: Mysterious Place: The Cabin
    Actual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines

Comment

Originally posted by Yossarian View Post
      It's 7. I don't remember where it was said, but Matt (or Rose?) basically said if you're willing to put that many Merit dots into it, you should get a 7-dot cover out of it.

A belated Thank You for that :-)

Comment

This is giving me so many ideas for another starting character...that is, Analyst that goes loud, crosses Ephemeral Cover with Demon Car.

Now they're John Doe (they got a soul pact) and the ring's primary mode of transit.

Comment

Working...
        X