Night Horrors: Enemy Action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ghostdriver View Post
    Apologies if I missed a post but does NH:EA actually have stats (powers, etc.) or is it storyteller fluff things?
    Night Horrors books are sort of 'Monster Manuals,' most of the time they don't bring a lot of new mechanics, but sometimes they do. There's like three pages devoted to talking about a character, their background, description, secrets and rumors about them, then their character sheet. There's 10 demons, 10 angels, 6 exiles, 8 cryptid, and 8 scattered among the stigmatics, cultists and sleepers section. Two of the demons have Ciphers, one has 5 Interlocks, another has 3. There's a slurry of new cryptid adaptations attached to the new cryptids, I'm counting around 20.
    Last edited by nofather; 03-14-2018, 02:04 AM. Reason: I hadn't counted the adaptations.

Comment

• I personally hoped that the characters would be complete. Too bad that Cipher's and Interlocks are partially missing.

Comment

• Ah, the ciphers/interlocks were my main hope for this book, sad. Do any of the new non demon things have new crunchy bits like numina/adaptations?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deinos View Post
          Ah, the ciphers/interlocks were my main hope for this book, sad. Do any of the new non demon things have new crunchy bits like numina/adaptations?
          The four cryptids I wrote all have new adaptations. While they were written with the cryptids in mind, nothing stops anyone from grabbing them and giving them to a new critter.

Jason Ross Inczauskis, Freelance Writer
          Currently writing: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Pirates of Pugmire, TC In Media Res. Previous projects: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action; C20 Anthology of Dreams
          Masculine pronouns preferred.

Comment

• Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post

The four cryptids I wrote all have new adaptations. While they were written with the cryptids in mind, nothing stops anyone from grabbing them and giving them to a new critter.
            Now that's what I wanted to hear!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deinos View Post

Now that's what I wanted to hear!
              I’m glad. When I created them, I wanted to make certain that there’d be bits that could be taken and used for other things, just in case nobody liked the critters themselves. I hope that you’ll like them, and find them useful for your games.

Jason Ross Inczauskis, Freelance Writer
              Currently writing: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Pirates of Pugmire, TC In Media Res. Previous projects: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action; C20 Anthology of Dreams
              Masculine pronouns preferred.

Comment

Working...
              X