GMing Demon: What NOT to do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed;

The storyteller is aware of the issues with the player with the Analyst with the impossible memory, and is trying to give the player goals to work towards. The player simply isn't carrying them over.

The storyteller had no problems with the indecive player. They recognised the issues the player would bring if they stayed, brought them up and said if the player wouldn't settle on a build then they would be removed. Player said No, and they were removed.

The agency thing only really occurred because the storyteller didn't quite appreciate how detracting the agency takeover would be. They simply wanted us to have fun. However, they realized the issues and reverted the control to get things back on track.

The player inviting themselves into a scenario and taking a while to get into it is a known issue, and part of the reason the game is winding down. It isn't as bad as it once was, but still something I thought others should look out for.

As I noted, the storyteller is new to Demon but they have a good head about them.

Comment

Something that recently came up in a game that I was playing in sounds appropriate to bring up here. When using antagonists that have a connection with the God-Machine ( Deva Corporation, Knights Of Saint Adrian, even Utopia Now), it’s important to remember that these groups have no true authority over Angels or their master - they are tools, and sometimes nuisances that just so happen to be too useful to eliminate for most occasions. What these groups should NOT be able to do is being able to control angels or build Infrastructure with any true level of skill or regularity.

Comment

Originally posted by Korogra View Post
        Something that recently came up in a game that I was playing in sounds appropriate to bring up here. When using antagonists that have a connection with the God-Machine ( Deva Corporation, Knights Of Saint Adrian, even Utopia Now), it’s important to remember that these groups have no true authority over Angels or their master - they are tools, and sometimes nuisances that just so happen to be too useful to eliminate for most occasions. What these groups should NOT be able to do is being able to control angels or build Infrastructure with any true level of skill or regularity.
        In what book do the Knights Of Saint Adrian appear?

(Thanks!)

Comment

Originally posted by KieranMullen View Post

In what book do the Knights Of Saint Adrian appear?

(Thanks!)
          They appear in Mortal Remains, a Hunter book.

Comment

Working...
          X