Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Use Willpower to mitigate ANY compromise?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use Willpower to mitigate ANY compromise?

On page 114 of DtD, the book says that a player can spend a point of Willpower to avoid compromise rolls in the case of using an Exploit. Am I correct in assuming that spending the point of Willpower is ONLY for Exploits? Not for Embeds that force a compromise roll or for assuming partial transformation?

Exploit are the default, I'd also allow the WP expenditure on embeds which are always compromises as well.

Comment

What about partial transformations?

Comment

I wouldn't allow wp expenditure to avoid Compromise from partial transformation. But then you don't really need it; the dice pools are pretty ludicrous.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostdriver View Post
          They already get a sizable bonus assuming you don't completely transform, so if I have like, 8 form abilities, and I only get 1 form, my compromise roll gets a +7. Beats galore.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostdriver View Post
            As mentioned by Malus and Terroforge, partial transformations are just beat factories if unregulated, especially of the Demon has the Terrible Form merit.

Players that do the math probably aren't even going to want to spend Willpower to avoid the Compromise, because they're only cheating themselves out of free XP.

Comment

As far as I know, you can't use Willpower on Compromise rolls from Partial or Complete transformations, be it to negate the compromise or to aid in the roll.
              Last edited by Taidragon; 08-24-2017, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Taidragon View Post
                As far as I know, you can't use Willpower on Compromise rolls from Partial or Complete transformations, be it to negate the compromise or to aid in the roll.
                You can to aid on the compromise roll.

Comment

Originally posted by Malus View Post
                  Huh. My GM said otherwise today...though he may have been distracted given he was with family. Thanks for correcting me on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Malus View Post

Source on that? I assumed you can't because you usually can't use willpower on "degeneration" rolls, but I couldn't find anything in the book clarifying one way or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrorforge View Post
                      Source on that? I assumed you can't because you usually can't use willpower on "degeneration" rolls, but I couldn't find anything in the book clarifying one way or the other.
                      Degeneration rolls in 1e wasn't an attribute based roll, those that are get to use the willpower rules. Mainly the ones who suffer for it are Humanity based splats.

Comment

Working...
                      X