Half-Demons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half-Demons

So, in the "Little Monsters" sidebar it states that half-Demon children have access to Embeds just like their demonic parent. I was relatively surprised about the candour of the sidebar, expecting something a bit more ambiguous, but it's refreshing. So, what do people think? Treat them as Stigmatics who can purchase Embeds at 2 or 3xp per?

Well, the ambiguity is there for demon-demon children.

I'd personally just give half-demons access to Embeds as if they were Demons with no Incarnation, and otherwise just treat them like mortals.

Comment

" Embeds as if they were Demons with no Incarnation" is there any differernce because of that?

Comment

I'd treat them as Mortals with Unseen Sense (God Machine) and one Embed.

Call me Remi. Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
          I'd treat them as Mortals with Unseen Sense (God Machine) and one Embed.
          Wow, that's not very generous, and very very restrictive for what I assume you intend to be a minor template. Ghouls can learn fifth level disciplines, some possessed can take a nuke to the face and not get sunburnt, but that is almost as unimpressive as sleepwalker and wolfblooded, which aren't even templates but merits, but it's rare for merits to give access to supernatural powers in nwod.

Comment

Maybe he means 'at character generation'?

Revlid wrote:
            Yes, hollowing out your humanity to become an utterly utilitarian asura is the exact suggestion I would expect from you, Aiden.

Comment

Originally posted by StSword View Post
              Ghouls can learn fifth level disciplines, some possessed can take a nuke to the face and not get sunburnt, but that is almost as unimpressive as sleepwalker and wolfblooded, which aren't even templates but merits, but it's rare for merits to give access to supernatural powers in nwod.
              To be fair, the real Mage equivalent of ghouls would be proximi, who were detailed in one of the Mage books (I think the one on either the Guardians of the Veil or the Silver Ladder).

"Seven deadly sins/Seven ways to win/Seven holy paths to hell/And your trip begins/Seven downward slopes/Seven bloodied hopes/Seven are your burning fires/Seven your desires" — Iron Maiden, Moonchild

Comment

In the Kickstarter comments thread Rose Bailey mentioned she'd treat them as Stigmatics who could learn Embeds, which I thought was a pretty cool idea. It's buried somewhere in here, for reference.

I personally might restrict them to just accessing their Demon parent's Incarnation's favored Embeds at the non-favored cost (3xp). If they have TWO Demon parents, well... you pick one.

Simulacre: An Alternative Morality Stat for Prometheans
                Homebrew Athanors

Comment

Originally posted by Metamurpho View Post
                  In the Kickstarter comments thread Rose Bailey mentioned she'd treat them as Stigmatics who could learn Embeds, which I thought was a pretty cool idea. It's buried somewhere in here, for reference.

I personally might restrict them to just accessing their Demon parent's Incarnation's favored Embeds at the non-favored cost (3xp). If they have TWO Demon parents, well... you pick one.
                  If they have two demon parents they are Super Special and the God-Machine focuses a vast amount of effort on getting them killed. To date none has survived.

So if you do get a pure demon child... I think they get a bit more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Metamurpho View Post
                    I personally might restrict them to just accessing their Demon parent's Incarnation's favored Embeds at the non-favored cost (3xp).
                    There is no non-favored cost, going by the listings.

Resident Lore-Hound
                    Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

Originally posted by MorkaisChosen View Post

If they have two demon parents they are Super Special and the God-Machine focuses a vast amount of effort on getting them killed. To date none has survived.

So if you do get a pure demon child... I think they get a bit more than that.
                      There's actually been a small discussion over on RPGnet, and a bit of fan-fluff in which the father of the pure-demon-born rushes around, saving the lives of infants in return for elements of their home life, constructing a Cover for his child that the G-M won't penetrate and blow up.

Perhaps it has happened before: Perhaps the reason Siddhārtha Gautama was kept hidden in his palace was not just to protect him form the existence of pain, but from those who would wish to destroy him for his birth...perhaps Mary's virginity was, in reality, an oddity in her Cover...

​Quite simply, I suspect that a pure-born (my term for children of purely Unchained parents) who survives to puberty is destined for great things. Great things that always leave the status quo a casualty. There is no end to the plot hook.
                      Last edited by Leliel; 11-16-2013, 02:11 PM. Reason: Edited to make more sense and because "pure-blood" is one of those worlds that leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Comment

He might be Lucifer among the Demons.

Part-time table flipper.

Comment

Originally posted by Leliel View Post

There's actually been a small discussion over on RPGnet, and a bit of fan-fluff in which the father of the pure-demon-born rushes around, saving the lives of infants in return for elements of their home life, constructing a Cover for his child that the G-M won't penetrate and blow up.

Perhaps it has happened before: Perhaps the reason Siddhārtha Gautama was kept hidden in his palace was not just to protect him form the existence of pain, but from those who would wish to destroy him for his birth...perhaps Mary's virginity was, in reality, an oddity in her Cover...

​Quite simply, I suspect that a pure-born (my term for children of purely Unchained parents) who survives to puberty is destined for great things. Great things that always leave the status quo a casualty. There is no end to the plot hook.
                          Works for me! They're definitely in plot device land, and getting more than "choice of two sets of Embeds to learn." ;-)

Comment

I'm pretty sure with the amount of effort the God Machine will put into stopping two demons from mating that the result probably heralds the end of the world.

Comment

Are you sure on that? It might not be the end of the world. It just might be something along the lines of "major damage to the God-Machine". After all, this is a thing that wants to preserve its own existence no matter what. It might be that a double-demonspawn is born with the capacity to erode Infrastructure with a touch, or can draw an Angel into Falling with a word — both of which would be things that, while not necessarily bad, are things the God-Machine would want to nuke from orbit just to be sure they never got out.

"Seven deadly sins/Seven ways to win/Seven holy paths to hell/And your trip begins/Seven downward slopes/Seven bloodied hopes/Seven are your burning fires/Seven your desires" — Iron Maiden, Moonchild

Comment

Working...
                              X